04.

"Goodbye, Julienne!" Myung called out to her after she had walked her home.

Julienne waved to Ki, Sun, and Myung before unlocking the door to her apartment. She walked up the flight of stairs into the living room, where her mother was sitting at the table eating some fries. The television is on, with Criminal Minds reruns on the screen.

"Hi, Mom," Julienne smiled. Her mother smiled and welcomed her home, before focusing back on the TV. Julienne knew better than to interrupt her mom when she was watching her favorite show, so she left her alone. 

The day was tiring, and Julienne just wanted to go over her notes from yesterday so she'd be ready for Friday's test. Even though she knew English, she had to master the words in Korean in order to pass the test, since she wasn't the best at reading Korean.

She changed out of her school uniform, putting on black sweatpants and a grey T-Shirt, and her favorite pair of kitty slippers that her father got her from a shop when they first arrived.

She opened her backpack, grabbing the English notebook and putting it on her desk before sighing. For some reason, the thought of having to learn how to read Korean made her uneasy, and she wished she grew up speaking the language like her father did. 

"I didn't ask for this stress," she muttered, rubbing her eyes. She flipped to the page where she had written the objective from today, and she saw a piece of yellow paper in between the pages of her notebook. It was folded over into a square, and Julienne looked at it, confused as to where it came from.

"What the hell?" She wondered, unfolding the paper. In a handwriting that Julienne had never seen before, was a note written for her.

Augustin Julienne,

I truly apologize for what I did at the park. I swear that I didn't mean to hurt you, and I hope that you're not in pain any longer. Please forgive me. Choi Myung sometimes makes me seem like the bad guy, but I felt so bad seeing that I hit you with the ball. I didn't want your first impression of me to be a negative one, but it seems that I've managed to give you a bad impression anyways. 

Please allow me to make it up to you.

- Lee Chan (Dino). ^o^

Julienne's eyes scanned the note for a second time, before she folded it again and placed it on the desk next to her notebook. 

She felt bad in a way for Lee Chan. She knew he was being incredibly sincere in his note (which was written in perfect English, she made a mental note to ask Myung about his English the next day) and she honestly wanted to know more about the boy next to her in her classes.

Julienne smiled, going to her folder and pulling out a piece of red paper and pencil before beginning to write. 

Lee Chan came into class with no motivation whatsoever. He was honestly thinking about never learning English. He'd rather spend his days dancing to Michael Jackson for hours and maybe hanging with his friends or travelling. He didn't even pull out his notebook for English, he just sat and stared out the window next to him with half closed eyes.

Julienne slipped into the seat next to him and smiled, holding the note Lee Chan had written to her. She tapped his shoulder gently, and Lee Chan turned his head to her slowly, his eyes widening at the note in her hand. 

"Oh!" was all that Lee Chan could mutter out loud to her. Did she read it? Was she mad at him? His heart rate was beginning to speed up.

Julienne's cheeks feel hot as she reaches into her jacket pocket, pulling out the note she had written on the red piece of paper. She puts the note in Lee Chan's hand, gently pushing his fingers over the note when the teacher had walked into the room to keep it hidden when the teacher looked over at them.

Lee Chan looks at the note in his palm for a moment, and he begins to open it, when Julienne closed his fist again. He looked at her with confused eyes. Why wouldn't she let him read it?

"After," is all she said, before pulling out her notebook and pencil case. He understood, nodding his head and gently folding the note to put in his pocket.