25.

"Was I dumb for forgiving him?"

Julienne and Chan laid on the living room floor of her home, facing up at the ceiling. The television was playing a random movie, but since Chan was awake now, the movie meant nothing.

Chan closed his eyes, listening to the voice of the actor on television while trying to come up with an answer.

"You'll regret it later, I know that for sure," Chan replied truthfully, "but you're not stupid. You were doing what your heart wanted."

Chan felt content with that answer. It didn't expose his true feelings, but he got out the part that matter: Julienne was happy for the time being.

"Have you been doing what your heart wants?" Julienne asked, looking away from the ceiling and towards Chan.

Chan closed his eyes and chuckled, "No, I haven't. I think it's best that I shouldn't."

Julienne scoffed, "Excuse me? Following your dreams is the most important thing, that comes first."

Chan shook his head, looking towards Julienne with a raised eyebrow, "Hitler followed his dreams and ended up causing a war. Following your dreams are not always not the best idea, Julie."

"You're not Hitler, you're Lee Chan, a Michael Jackson enthusiast. Your dreams are not going to cause a war, Chan," Julienne reminded him.

Chan stared back at the ceiling with sleepy eyes, "You wouldn't be happy, and that's enough to cause a war within myself, Julienne."

Julienne didn't ask what he meant, she simply looked away from him and stared back at the ceiling for a few seconds longer before speaking again.

"It's been a few months since I came to South Korea," Julienne mentioned, "and I wouldn't trade any of it for the world."

"I'm happy you're here," Chan said for the millionth time, "I'm happy I met you."

"Chan, I'm happy to tell you you're now fluent in the English language," Julienne congratulated him, "good job. I'm very proud of you."

"I didn't even notice," Chan said truthfully, "I just talk with you so much I get better, i guess."

Julienne chuckled a little as Chan sat up from his position on the floor. He sat back down on the couch and waited for Julienne to move and sit next to him.

"Are you and Wonwoo official now?" Chan asked innocently, even though he knew the answer.

"I kissed him, so I guess so," Julienne blushed, "he was the one who carried you onto the couch, by the way, when you passed out."

Chan grinned, pretending that he cared. "That's nice of him."

Julienne nodded, looking down at her feet before bringing something up again. She hated silence between the two of them.

"Do you want to go to a party with me? Jimin didn't have your number and told me to ask you come too," Julienne offered.

"Jimin?"

"The party is in about two weeks," Julienne recalled, "it's our classmate Jimin, she's leaving for China, so it's a goodbye party. Can you come?"

Chan nodded, standing up from the couch and yawning. "I'm tired, I'll be going home now, sleep well."

"It's only eight!" Julienne whined.

"I'll be back soon, don't miss me too much," Chan winked and opened the door, slowly closing it behind him.

Chan smiled, a little, because he could hear Julienne on the other side of the door saying, "I miss you already."