21.

The droning sound of the ceiling fan helped relieve the room of its silence. Other than the sounds of Julienne's phone keyboard dinging as she typed, it was as if no one was in the room.

Chan sat against Julienne's bed as she laid on the bed near him, sending yet another text to Wonwoo. Chan was starting to think that she had forgotten that he was even in the room, and although she was there with him, Chan felt unbelievably lonely.

Julienne giggled a little, and it only made Chan even more upset. He sat there, staring blankly at her dresser with nothing but rage.

"I've been here for twenty minutes," Chan growled, "and you haven't even said more than ten words to me."

"I'm just texting Wonwoo, sorry," Julienne apologized, not looking away from her phone.

Chan stood up, turning to look at Julienne (who still wasn't looking at him), snatching her phone out of her hands.

"Chan, what the hell?" Julienne reached out and grabbed at his arm, missing her phone just by an inch. Chan took a few steps back, and Julienne jumped at him, clutching onto his shirt and bringing him down to the ground on his back. The phone fell out of Chan's hand, about four feet away away.

Julienne laid on top of Chan, trying to catch her breath from the sudden move. Chan's breathing was faster as he realized the position the two of them were in. He doesn't recall ever being this close to Julienne before, and he couldn't stop thinking about how pressed their bodies were to one another.

"J-Julienne," Chan stammered.

"Shut up," Julienne huffed, "stop taking my phone. You're making me mad."

Julienne reached over Chan's head for her phone, barely missing it again before Chan had flipped the two of them over, grabbing both her arms by the wrist and holding them above her head.

"Chan, what the hell is wrong with you?" Julienne asked angrily.

Chan was wondering the same thing. Did he really let some jealousy come in and take over?

The both of them looked into each other's eyes, their breathing still slightly staggered. Julienne tried over and over to wiggle out of Chan's grasp, but she continually failed.

"Did you really call me over to sit and listen to you giggle over your texts with your boyfriend?" Chan asked, as Julienne rolled her eyes.

"If you didn't like it, you could've left," Julienne scoffed, "nobody asked you to stay."

Chan looked at her shocked, letting go of her hands. She sat up and grabbed her phone, scooting away from him before standing and sitting on the bed.

She knew what she said was a little harsh, but she had to put him in his place. She wasn't going to let him be jealous and take away her phone and whatnot. He didn't have that power, he didn't have that right.

"Are we even friends anymore?" Chan asked, standing up from the ground.

"Now you're just being ridiculous," Julienne groaned.

"Am I?" Chan asked angrily, standing next to the door, "You haven't hung out with me for the past few weeks. You sit next to me in class, and you don't say a word to me. I text you to help me with an English worksheet, you don't help me. I ask you if you want to get food, you say you're busy with Wonwoo. I call your phone, it goes straight to voicemail. You do this with all of your friends. I texted you happy birthday, and you never said happy birthday to me on my birthday."

"When was your birthday?" Julienne asked, her cheeks a dark pink in embarrassment.

"It's today, thanks for such a wonderful time," He spat, before swinging open the door and leaving the bedroom, slamming the door behind him.

Julienne sat in her bed frozen until she heard he had slammed her front door as well. She messed up, so badly, to the point where he honestly questioned their friendship. She had been so busy hanging with Wonwoo and spending time with him, that she realized that she had abandoned the people who first welcomed her to Korea.

This wasn't the first time Chan addressed the fact that he felt that their friendship was dying. She remembered how upset he was when she almost confessed that she would've spent time with Wonwoo than with him. She remembered the disbelief on his face and how hurt he looked.

"I haven't even seen Sun or Ki in an entire month," Julienne mumbled, looking down. Chan was right, he was always right. She was being such a pain in the ass to everyone just for this boy.

"I'm sorry," she thought, as the tears began to build in her eyes.

What Julienne didn't know, was that even though Chan was unbelievably pissed with her and had nothing but rage filled within him because of what she said...

He still loved her.