23.

"Why are you not talking to me as much?" Wonwoo asked Julienne after a few days, "you haven't even answered one of my messages."

The two of them are standing in between bookshelves of the library, where Wonwoo knew he could get the two of them alone for at least two minutes before her friends would come to snatch her away.

"There's not a reason, Wonwoo, I just haven't been talking to anyone lately alright?" Julienne rolled her eyes, "I'm not feeling like myself. You can go a few days without talking to me."

The reality was that for the past few days, she's been trying to contact Chan and get him to speak with her for at least a minute so she can apologize. She was able to get Myung to listen to her, and also Sun and Ki (and they all went out to eat that night without a thought of any boys), but Chan didn't budge. He was still upset with what she had said, and planned to make her suffer for a while.

"I just really missed you," Wonwoo mumbled, reaching for her hand. She pulled it away, and looked down towards the end of the hall of bookshelves.

"What, you don't want me to touch you?" Wonwoo asked.

"You're acting as if we don't see each other every other day. If I don't respond to your text, calm down, I just want to be by myself," Julienne argued.

"Was it something I did?" Wonwoo grabbed onto her hand again, grasping it in his palm. He grabs the other, even as Julienne tried to pull away.

"Will you sto-"

"Just talk to me," Wonwoo begged, holding her hands tighter, to the point where Julienne even groaned in pain, "answer my messages. Is there someone else, someone you like more than me? Tell me the tr-"

"Stop, Wonwoo," Julienne complained, not able to feel the blood flow anymore.

"B-"

"She said stop," a voice called from the end of the hall.

They both turned to look at the person, and Julienne sighed in relief when it was Chan.

Wonwoo sighed as well, in annoyance. "We can never be alone, your friends are always around," he mumbled.

Wonwoo looked to Chan and gave him a calm look. Chan, however, didn't move, but stood with his arms crossed across his chest.

"Look," Wonwoo began, "she and I are just talking, can you give us some time?"

"I'll wait here, then," Chan smiled, nodding at the two of them.

Wonwoo rolled his eyes. Julienne was his, and he was always cursed with the fact that her friends would come between the two of them all the time. Even though it wasn't official between them yet, he didn't want to lose his girl to anyone, and he refused to be of lower priority in her life because of her friends.

Julienne finally pulled her hands away from Wonwoo's grips, and sighed in pain as she rubbed them softly, feeling the blood rushing back.

"Come on, Julie, let's go talk somewhere else," Wonwoo said, reaching for her hand again.

"She's staying with me for the time being," Chan interrupted, walking closer to them, "she doesn't want to talk to you at the moment."

Julienne moved a little closer to Chan, watching as Wonwoo's eyes became wider in surprise. Chan smiled, for this was the first time that he got to step in between Julienne and Wonwoo and have Julienne choose him over Wonwoo.

After recovering from the sudden shock, Wonwoo sighed.

"Fine," Wonwoo complied, "w-we'll talk at a better time." He then turned on his heel and left Chan and Julienne in the library.

Chan looked down at the girl in front of him with concern. "Did he hurt you?"

Julienne shook her head negatively and shifted even closer to him, until their shoulders were touching.

"Chan, I-I-"

"It's okay," he interrupted, "I'm just glad I could be here."

"No, Chan, please," she reached gently for his wrist, "I-I'm sorry. I don't know how many times I've had to say it, and I'll probably say it a million times more while I'm here in Korea, but I'm sorry. I've pushed you and everyone else away, and I've been a pain in the ass for the longest time and I'm so sorry. You were all here for me when I needed you and you were there to give me laughter a-"

Chan pulls Julienne into a hug, wrapping his arms around her back. She almost cries with joy, but holds back the tears to hold Chan in her arms.

"I forgive you."