06.

"He's looking at you," Myung cooed in Julienne's ear before their first class.

The two girls were outside their classroom speaking with one another, when Myung saw Lee Chan looking from Julienne from afar. Myung truly disliked Lee Chan, even before he had hit Julienne with that soccer ball. She thought he was idiotic and weird, and smelled gross.

Julienne turned and looked at him, just as Lee Chan stopped looking at her to look at the wall, embarrassed.

"I like Lee Chan," Julienne smiled, looking back at Myung, "he's a sweet person."

"He's dirt!" Myung blurted, looking at her angrily. She starts ranting in Korean, unable to control herself. "I've known him for five years, when we were eleven. He's not that cool, he's just weird and isolated and an overall jerk."

Even though Julienne couldn't understand every single word, she knew 'weird' and 'overall jerk' so she got the idea that Myung was making fun of Lee Chan. Julienne didn't want to be very rude to her new friend, but at the same time, she needed to put her friend in her place.

"Choi Myung," Julienne smiled, putting her hand on her friend's shoulder. "Some people act differently around people they don't like. That's all."

Myung's eyes widened as Julienne walked into the classroom. Julienne didn't know Lee Chan like Myung did, he truly was rude and disgusting. How could Julienne suddenly like Lee Chan?

Once Julienne sat in her usual seat in the classroom, Lee Chan walked into the classroom afterwards. He smiles at Julienne when she looks at him, and waves a little before sitting down in the seat on her left.

"Good morning," he said sweetly, "how are you?"

"I'm doing fine, Lee Chan, how are you?" Julienne asked.

"I'm doing good too," Lee Chan grinned, "and please, just call me Chan."

Julienne nodded, grabbing her notebook and her pencil bag from her backpack, while Chan looked out the window. You got this, Chan, do it, talk to her, Chan thought, before looking back at the girl next to him.

Her curly hair was now bone straight and she had now this pink-colored lip gloss on that complimented her skin tone. She put his head down a little so she could write in her journal, and Chan involuntarily moved the hair that fell in front of her face behind her ear.

His face heated up when she looked at him, thanking him with a small, almost unnoticeable blush on her cheeks. Chan moved his fingers and put it back on his desk, making a fist as he mentally scolded himself for not thinking before doing such an act.

"Julienne," Chan called to her after their classes were over.

Julienne was outside the school with Ki, Sun, and Myung, who were preparing to go out to a coffee shop to hang out. Julienne turned her head and looked at Chan, who was jogging down the school stairs.

"Y-you said in the," Chan stopped, realizing he didn't know how to say 'note' in English. His cheeks are red and hot, realizing he wasn't as prepared as he thought. Julienne looks at how uncomfortable he was and looked towards her friends, telling them to go ahead a little without her. Ki, Sun, and Myung (who rolled her eyes to the back of her head) began to walk away towards the bike rack to give Chan and Julienne some privacy.

"Note is the same in English and Korean," Julienne said, "is that what you're trying to say?"

Chan nodded, relieved that Julienne had an idea about what he was trying to talk about. "I-I would like to take you out, and show you around Korea. Just tell me when, okay?"

Julienne smiled. She heard Lee Chan on the first day she came to school, and his English was horrible. He didn't know how to introduce himself or talk about what he liked. Now, he was able to ask how she was doing and talk about hanging out together.

"I'm good on Saturday, can we go then?" She asked. Chan was confused, and asked what 'Saturday' was. "Saturday is To-yolil, Chan."

"Oh!" Chan said, understanding what she meant now. "Yes, that's fine. What time?"

"What time is good?" Julienne asked, running her fingers through her hair.

"Ah, Julie! Hurry up! I want food!" Myung yelled from the bike rack, stomping her foot. If Lee Chan didn't show up, they could've been halfway to the coffee shop by now.

"Four o' clock?" Chan ignored Myung.

Julienne smiled, "That is fine. Do you want to meet here?"

"No, I pick you up," Chan offered, his voice almost cracking, "i-if that's okay."

Julienne looks at Lee Chan's hand, which is shaking a little more violently since he asked about picking her up. She was very observant; she knew that he was very nervous to be asking her this in English, and she knew that he practiced just so he'd be able to talk to her.

"Yes, that's okay. Here, give me your phone," Julienne stuck out her hand, letting him put his phone in her hand, "I'll text you my address and you can text me when you arrive."

Julienne typed her number in his phone and gave him his phone back when Sun and Myung came into the conversation, grabbing Julienne's arms. Lee Chan took a step back as Julienne laughed at her friends' impatience.

"Hey! I want to go eat, and you keep talking to this boy when you already gave him your number! If you make me wait another ten seconds, I might pass out," Myung screamed in Korean from where she waiting at the bike rack. She began pulling Julienne's arms, tugging her away from the boy that Myung disliked so much.

"I'll see you on Saturday, Dino," Julienne called him by the name he left in the note he sent her, "goodbye!"

Chan waved at her, watching as the girls walked away talking to one another. He looks at her contact on his phone, and smiled, before going on his way home.