Chapter 3

So hi! I managed to escape from my practice just to make it. So.. Here's the next chapter of my story, and I hope you like it.

Keira's POV

I never wanted to be part of the bookworm club. I was never a book person! I just... Had to, I guess. Cass's stares are just too intimidating. It creeps you out, as she drills her cold blue eyes into you. As of now, I was seated beside my best friend, Tara, along with our other bookworm friends. Given the activities and reading meetings the bookworm group had, I could escape her harsh stares.

My head ached. I looked around me, and I saw Cass stare at me. Then, Dylan approached her, talked, and led her out of the room running, which was strange, because I know that they never got along. Going back, I was tempted to report her harsh stares at me, but something just stopped me.

I tapped Tara's shoulder. "Hey, can you pass me that book?"
"Sure!", Tara said with a warm smile.
"Thanks."
"Hey.. You look down.. Are you okay? I could call the nurse, or--"
"No thanks, Tara, I'm fine.. I-I just need some time alone. I'm gonna go back to the dorms."
"Fine, but be sure to come back. You haven't eaten your cheese block yet!"
"K."

I stood up, and jogged to my dorm. I rummaged through my bag, and I felt it. The harsh cold leather of the strange book, or journal that I found in my parents' bookstore. When I leafed through the pages, I would see strange symbols, information about things that were supposed to be legends but were real.

I shook my head. Never mind that. This was probably just some old wannabe spellbook. Then, I heard footsteps approaching my room. I dug through my clothes and buried the book under. Then I stood up quickly and dusted off my jeans.

Then, the footsteps stopped, but there was a shadow in front of my door, as if someone were hiding at the side of it.

"H-hello?? How may I help you?", I called out curiously.
"Oh, good. You have fast reflexes, Kiera. I'm impressed.", The voice said.
I balled my fists and steadied my breathing."What do you want, Cass? You know, intimidating staring can be considered as bullying."
"Eh, is that so?", She said, hopping out of her 'hiding place'.
"Ugh, just answer my question! What do you want?"

Cass's eyebrow cocked up, and an evil grin tugged at her lips, and her eyes seemed to grow a cold bright blue. "Oh, I've only come to make a deal."
"What's the catch?"
"Oh, there is no catch, Kiera. Your only choice is to make the deal. Or.. You could refuse my offer and die."