Chapter Eleven: Miami Cakes Calling

The new week begins with more of work. Dominique begins to pack her things for her trip to Miami with her boss tomorrow. She gets out her cream, leather but small suitcase and begins to throw in both the corporates and night wears, since it was work related. It wasn't a vacation.

Lorraine sits on the woven seat in her sister's room with Mikey on her lap and watches her pack her things in an orderly fashion into her suitcase.

"Aren't you gonna take at least one bikini?" She asked her sister.

"Lory, its a business trip, not a cruise or a vacation. I'll be back on Monday. It's just for a week." Dom replied her.

"Yeah, but it wouldn't hurt to just hide one in the box?" Lory insisted, holding up a black and white striped bikini top and bottom with her index finger.

Dom quickly snatched it from her sister, "Where did you get those?"

"Does it matter?" Pack 'em up."

Don rolled her eyes and stuffed the bikini at the bottom of her suitcase, "You're lucky my boss doesn't search before entry."

Lory laughed at the thought of that, "Ah Miami. Just what Mikey and I need right now."

"Well I'd tell you to tag along but..."

"Oh its not necessary, Dom," Lory explained to her sister, "I've a got a ton to do at the bakery. We just received a massive order. The client wants us to supply pastries, cakes, cupcakes for a party being hosted."

"Whoa! That sounds pretty huge!"

"Very huge cos' the clients are filthy rich people. We're gonna be paid a ton for these supplies." Lory added.

"Well its about time your cakes went round town. They are really good." Dom complimented, "Santia...I mean my boss Mr. Perez loved the cake you served him."

"He did? Wow! Well I can say it tastes a lot better than the ones I ate in that dinner party you took me to. The sugar was way too much and they didn't add enough preservatives. The pastries were getting way too soggy and were losing flavor. I doubt the baker considered the fact that the party was on open waters."

"Okay Cake Lady!" Dom announced, zipping her box and setting it down beside her. My luggage is set.

"I don't even understand your job."

"I'm his personal assistant. I check his files, assist in arranging his meetings, schedule his time for appointments and practically follow up his ass like I'm about to do in this trip." Dom informed her sister.

Lory covered Mikey's ears, making him yelp in excitement, "Language!"

Dom rolled her eyes and tugged on Mikey's cheek. This was gonna be a simple trip. Just a normal trip. A normal business trip, she thought to herself, recapping the moment they almost had together yesterday at home. What game was he trying to play? Why did he love caressing her cheek? And why did she love it? No! She had to get such stupid thought out of her head. Nothing was going to happen in this trip. After all,
It is a business trip.

_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_

Monday:

"Miami?" Nathan said on the phone with Santiago as he came down from his limousine along with his bodyguards beside him. Two out the four hefty men carried his suitcases as he stood proudly in his black, shiny expensive corporate suit. The wind blew threw his hair as he stood in front of the staircase leading up to his first class private jet. The team were loading his luggages into the hold of the jet.