Chapter Fifteen: Mistakes

The night passes by and the sun rises. It's morning, and the first thing Dom feels is a pounding headache. Not from all the crying in her dreams physically, or maybe a bit of it was added, but part or it was caused by the confusion conjured up in her head.

Everything felt so weird.

Did she really kiss her boss, Santiago Perez last night?

Did she?

Did they really share a passionate, mind blowing kiss last night? Or was it just a dream?

Impossible! How could you have had two dreams at once? Correction. A nightmare and a dream at once?

She began to quarrel with her conscience again. Maybe it really was a dream. After all, Santiago's not here. Why would he stay overnight? Face it Dom! The kiss happened! It's real!

She still wouldn't bring herself to believe it. Why would he make such a move? Was it because she was vulnerable? Or did she send a signal that she wanted it? Why would she send a signal in the first place? And if it was a dream, why would she dream of passionately kissing her boss? What she actually getting attracted to him?

She shook her head and held her pillow tight to her chest. What happened last night? How would she approach him and look into those deep blue eyes without forgetting the passionate kiss they shared? Did it happen or not?

She sighed, got up from bed and headed to the bathroom to take a nice long shower. A hot shower to wash away every thought of it. Real or not, she was gonna forget it ever happened and act like it was a dream.

This kiss did not exist.

After the shower, she wrapped herself in a towel and brought out what she was gonna wear for the day. Since it was a normal visit to the site, she chose to wear a short, sleeveless, grey colored corporate gown with leather stilettos.

She wanted to call Lory and tell her everything but she wasn't sure of what she was gonna say. Hi Lory! I had a nightmare and I kissed my boss last night, but I'm not sure if it's really a dream or reality! How will that ever sound normal to anyone? Too many questions were in her head.
But the main question in her head was,

Does he know?
____________________________

"That's what happened, Santa." Santiago said on the phone to his sister.

Santana gasped on the phone call. "Santi, how in the wo....Did anything happen between you two?"

"No, no. I cut it off and put her back to sleep. She was weak. Defenseless. I don't know what came over me Santa." He explained himself to her, running his temples as he sat straight, shirtless on his king sized bed.

"Santi, you do know she wasn't in the right state for this. She's gonna think this never happened or better yet, not even remember at all." Santana explained to him. "I really don't know where you're going with this. First, you almost kissed her on the boat when she was practically vulnerable before, then you put her in the same penthouse with you and now, this! What? Where you drunk or something?"

"For Christ's sake, Santa! I woke up from a deep sleep to help a weak, vulnerable woman crying out loud in her sleep and passionately kissed her. I dunno whether it was the whiskey I drank before bed or...."

"Or..." Santa repeated.

"Otherwise." He sighed.

"Or...you might actually have some feelings of attraction towards this lady..."

"Santa! C'mon! Attraction? Really?" He cocked an eyebrow and strolled over to his wardrobe of many suits and was browsing through them while talking to her on the phone.