Chapter Three - Charming Introductions

Perez Enterprises

Dominique finally arrived at the company where she supposedly works now as the boss's secretary. She asked for help from the receptionist. Then she was later directed to the floor of the office.
Everywhere was interiorly designed with expensive furniture with the colors of cream, white and black. All the chairs and couches were expensive LORENZO designer. Dominique was impressed.

She sat on one of the chairs and crossed her legs elegantly. The office door opened and a woman dressed in a black blazer with a red camisole, black mini skirt and black suede heels walked into the room with files in her hand. She looked at Dominique.

"Good afternoon, ma'am. How may I help you?" She said politely.
"I'm the new secretary for Mr. Perez."
"Oh! You must be the new employee. Don't worry ma'am. He's in his office. Let me just alert him." she walked up to her desk and called the office.
"Hello? Good morning sir. You're new employee is here. She arrived early. Should I let her in?"

Dominique is impressed of the way she speaks. Her English was clear and understandable. This place was filled with people with smart looking styles and way of speaking. They must all be graduates from high class universities like Oxford, Stanford, and Cambridge. Dominique got a degree in Accounting at Harvard University but never concentrated on getting a job because of Julio. But now that she's free from him, she's able to concentrate more on her job and her family.

"He would like to see you now. By the way, my name's Elliana."
"Nice to meet you, Elliana. My name's Dominique Acosta." She replied giving the lady a handshake.

She opened the door to the office and shut the door behind her. She contemplated on the office. It was so beautiful and arranged neatly. The boss must be so neat. Very neat.

"That's strange. No one's in."
"Who's out there?" a voice from the door at the corner of the office uttered.

"Sir, it's your new employee." Dom answered.
"Alright. I'll be out in a minute."

Then out came a man. A very good looking man. Tall with broad shoulders and a muscular body, dressed in an expensive Armani suit. His black hair was arranged neatly on his head and he had little beards which made him look... handsome. Dominique couldn't take her eyes off him. Her boss is a very handsome man. A handsome man with mysterious midnight blue eyes. How do the ladies in this office survive without loosing themselves in this man's mysterious stare?

"Well, good morning Ms...."
"Um..." she coughed, snapping herself back into reality. "Ms. Acosta. Ms Dominique Acosta."
He gave her a handshake. Her hands were so smooth and soft. They were flawless, like her skin. "As you know, I'm your boss. Santiago Perez."
"Yes, Mr. Perez." she said trembling.

"Ms Acosta, are you nervous? You're trembling."
"Well, sir it's my first job in a high class company and I've not been in the working state for a long time." She replied.
"Why so, Ms Acosta?"
"Reasons better known to myself. Let's just say I won't ever make that mistake again."

Santiago gazed at this woman. She was hiding something. He could tell from her facial expression. But that's none of his business.
He sat on his seat and kept on staring at the shy woman. "Alright, Miss Acosta or should I call you Dominique."

"Well, people call me Dom, sir."
"No. I would like to call you Dominique. Sophisticated and beautiful. Just like the possessor of the name herself."

His compliment made her blush. "Thank you sir."

"How long will you call me sir?"
"You are my boss and we just met today." she stated.
"True, but your job is to be my secretary. My personal assistant in the office. You are going to be with me for a long time,"
he whispered softly "Dominique."

His whisper went right through her. It gave her chills. Chills that she was afraid of. She gulped.

"Oh, don't worry. I'm not trying to scare you. It's just that you are my assistant. You'll be helping me keep records, make appointments and other petty things." he explained. "They did an interview on you and you passed, right?"

"I'm very sure I did, sir. If I didn't I wouldn't have gotten the job." She replied.

"Good. Now it's time for my own interview." He got up from his chair and went behind Dominique's seat. "I want to see if you are capable of handling my orders. Many women wanted this job, but you were chosen."

He suddenly grabbed the arm of Dominique's chair and spun it round which made her face him, staring into her eyes. "I want to know why you're the chosen one."

Dominique trembled inside and out. What was this man doing? And why was he making her stare into his beautiful midnight blue eyes that made her feel lost inside? Why would he do that?

"You're trembling. I can see it in your eyes." he whispered to her.
"Sir, I'm not really comfortable in this position." she told him.
"With me staring at you? Or with me getting lost into those beautiful brown eyes of yours?"
Dominique moved her chair backward. "Both. I'm claustrophobic." she said.

"This isn't a tight space Ms Acosta. Or are you trying to tell me that you're not married."
She got up from her seat and moved closer to the door. "Sir that is a personal issue."

"I see no ring on your finger. So that answers my question."

"Believe what you want to believe. I'll be going to my office. It was nice meeting you sir." and she walked out of his office.

Santiago had a feeling in him. There was something mysterious about this woman. Of all the secretaries he has had, most of them would have had a feeling of temptation in their minds. But she was scared. Frightened inside, especially when he looked at her eye to eye. Her pupil trembled. Why was she scared? Santiago gained sudden interest. He wanted to know more about his new secretary.

*******************
Hi guys! Please read, vote and promote by sharing. If you want you can share critics. Don't be harsh though. Just send a message. Thanks guys.

My Other Books
Love Me Not
Secracy: Reign of the Vampires
Choices (COMING SOON! Preview is out)