Chapter Two - Lory's Bakery

Lory's Bakes & Cakes

************************
Lorraine recently arrived at her bakery. She opened the door and turned the closed sign to open. She put Michael down where his play pen was at the little shop and she went to check on her savings from the last week.
She earned $150 a day, so the total of the whole week was $900. That was more than she expected. She put the money back into the cash register and opened the stalls where the cakes and cupcakes were.
A young woman with auburn colored wavy hair dressed in a floral knee length dress with cream colored flats walked into the bakery store. She had a bag in her hand and a ball of knitting in the other. She walked quickly towards where Lorraine was seated.
"Morning Lory!" she greeted and hugged Lorraine.

"Milli, morning. Looking bright today, whats going on?"

The lady was Millicent Smith, Lory's best friend and a close friend to Dom. Millicent has been with them through most of the things that has happened in their life. Even through dark times. Milli has always been there with her kindness and support because she loves them like her own sisters.

"Why wouldn't I be happy?" she said, "I heard Dom got a new job. Where is she?"
"She left early," Lorraine answered. "She wanted to know the building first so she wouldn't be confused about where to go or where to not go"

"Awww! And I already made a congratulatory sweater for her." Milli said bringing out the blue and white colored sweater with the words 'Congrats On Ur Job' written boldly on it.

"I told her you would do that and she was happy."

"It's my job to make you guys happy." she sat beside Lory on the next seat.

"I'm really happy for my sister Milli but the only problem she has is...you know..."

"I'm sorry what?" Milli said in a confused manner.

"She's still hesitant about dating, Milli."
"My dear God! Again with this topic Lory? We both know how stubborn Dom can be especially with that topic." Milli told Lorraine.

"I know but she's done so much for Michael and I and the only thing that would make me happy right now is seeing her with her true love. I just don't know why she won't let go of what Julio did to her and move on with another man."

"Lory. Dom isn't terrified of men. She's terrified of love." Miili explained. "You know how much she loved Julio and the bastard ended up deceiving her, maltreated her and nearly killed the poor woman."

"But I tried telling that not all men are like that. There's someone out there who's perfect for Dom. I just know it." Milli added

"Look Lory, as much as I'd like to say there's a perfect man it would be lying. A man can have all the character needs but they'll miss one out and that missing one will be replaced with a bad character which spoils the man entirely. All that's left for us now is to pray to God that Dom will find a man that will treat her right the way that she deserves. Besides, why are you even taking your sister's medication for her headache? You haven't even worried about your own love life."

"Michael is my love, Milli."

"Michael is your son." Milli corrected.

"Oh please for God's sake Milli. My own love life is a story on its own."

Milli sighed. "Sometimes I ask myself why you guys cursed when it comes to love."

The two women sighed. Lory's always had that thought on her mind. She and her sister have the same problem. When it comes to love, there are always problems. Michael's father, Aaron was an army soldier. He went to defend his country. On the line, his life was taken and was awarded bravest soldier. Lory mourned him but couldn't mourn long because of her sister's issue with Julio. Aaron promised to marry her when he got back but the tragedy took place. Since then, Lory never focused on getting married or dating. It really hans't been on her mind. A part of her thought maybe she should focus more on her love life and another said she should be with Dom. Which should she follow?

******************
xxxxOnce again hi everyone! Please share, comment, like this story. I really need the support I can get. Thank you! xxxx