Steve Rogers- The Interview

[If I disappear forever you know this chapter is the reason why. Alsooo, I ordered batman vs. superman tickets already and now they're shipping like five or six free comics to my house? Score.]

The press loves Steve. They specifically request him whenever a member of the Avengers is due for an interview, which irks Tony then he cares to admit.

It's early in the morning and Steve's trying not to sneeze as he's being prepped for the interview.

Tony had forgotten to mention that it's airing live, so if he'd have to watch himself extra carefully this time. Because on his last interview, things had gotten a little too heated when he had been firing on and on about vaccinations.

"They're ready for you," You say, shooing the makeup person away and raise an eyebrow. "You look like a vampire."

His eyes widen, but he doesn't get a chance to panic over his pale complexion as you grab his arm and drag him out of the chair.

"Be calm, don't say anything stupid. Keep your answers clean and please do not start an argument with the interviewer again, okay?"

Steve bobs his head, tries not to stumble over his feet when you pull him to a sudden stop.

"Don't forget to smile."

"And here is, Steve Rogers, everybody!"

Steve puts on a smile as he walks into the stage. The screams get louder when he waves, audible shouts of will you marry me?'s and I love you!'s making him laugh.

"Welcome, Captain," The interviewer, John, he thinks, says. "Now we know you're short on time, so I'd just like to thank you for showing up."

Steve nods, answers once the screams die down. "It's my pleasure, John."

Somewhere backstage, you groan.

"Jeff," He says, the audience cackling as Steve blinks. "My name is Jeff."

"Right, of course. Excuse me, Jeff."

"Anyways," Jeff continues. "We have some questions our viewers are dying to know. What's your take on Trump?"

"Honestly, Jeff," Steve shifts in his seat to lean closer. "When I heard of his platform, I thought I'd lost my gag reflex eighty years ago."

Collective gasps sound through the room, and somewhere in the Avengers tower, Tony let's out a snort and Natasha gaps.