Bucky Barnes-Flower

[It's not even Valentine's Day what am I doing. Also thank you queenofwakanda for helping me with this. She wanted Bucky to scare the reader she is EVAL.]

Its Valentine's Day and you have a flower. One single rose that you had managed to buy because you're terrible and didn't know what else to get.

You nervously spin the rose between your fingers, careful of the thorns as you try to talk yourself out of not giving the flower to the one you wanted to confess to: Bucky Barnes.

In all honesty you don't know how you had grown to love him. Maybe it's because of the way he squints whenever he's confused or the way he tries to suppress a grin, covering his face when he can't stop it.

Yeah. You're screwed.

And you don't even know if he returns you feelings. He's always careful with the emotions he shows and who he shows them to, because of everything that happened with HYDRA and Steve he's slow to trust anyone.

A throat clears when you pass a conference room. You stop, immediately hiding the flower behind your back as you turn.

Bucky's biting his lip and his cheeks are slightly pink and you're pretty sure you're staring.

"I, uh," You hold your breath as you reveal the flower, feeling like you're about to throw up as you hold it towards him. "H-happy Valentine's Day."

He blinks, eyeing the flower. Bucky then holds up a gun and your heart leaps.

"I'm sorry please don't shoot me!"

Bucky pulls the trigger and you screw your eyes shut, but you're not dead and instead covered in confetti.

When you open your eyes you're met with a small banner inches from your face, the words 'I love you' written neatly on the side.

Bucky lowers the gun, pulling the banner from the end and hands it to you, along with a wilting white rose from his pocket.

"There were too many people out today," Bucky mumbles as you exchange roses, eyebrows furrowing. "Steve didn't think it'd be safe if I went out, so the rose is from the garden.."

"I love it," Your cheeks begin to hurt from the wide smile on your face. "Bucky, it's perfect. Thank you."

He opens his mouth to say something, maybe a "you're welcome", but he leans forward instead, swooping you into a tight hug before he carefully sets you and down hurries back into the conference room, shutting the door loudly.

"Happy Valentine's Day," He says from behind the door.