Steve Rogers- April Fools

[ooh this one is kinda scary.]

Steve wakes up to the sound of muffled screaming. He instantly notices that his room is pitch black, slowly stepping out of his bed and when his foot makes contact with the ground, he lets out a girlish shriek because the ground is now water and the water is freezing.

The scream comes from the direction he's assuming is the door and holds his breath and slips into water. He doesn't expect the water to be waist high, only now realizing that his bed is floating.

He tries not to make a sound as wads through the ice water, finally reaching the door and grabs ahold of the nob. With a hard shove, he manages to throw it open.

Apparently, his room is the only one that had mysterious flooded because the hallway is completely dry.

Well, it had been dry until all of the water in Steve's room comes rushing out, carrying him into the wall adjacent to his door.

It's dark in the hallway as well, no lights coming from under any of the other doors and the windows have all been tapped shut.

Steve slips when the scream bounces off the walls and pierces his ears, this time louder and more clear.

Carefully, he stands and slides to the scream, his foot catching on something and he goes sprawling out on his stomach.

A then a sickening giggle comes from behind. Steve turns, eyes widening when a light suddenly blinks to life and he sees you at the end of the hall, red staining your hair, your clothes, your skin.

"(Y-Y/n)..?"

The light winks out and Steve presses himself fully against the wall, heart beating rapidly as he squints at the blackness.

"(Y/n), please, if you can-"

Steve leaps to his feet when the scream vibrates through his whole body, teeth chattering as he tries to run.

A hand latched onto his arm, tugging him to a stop. Another on his shoulder, on his ankles, on his wrists, all the while he's shrieking like a bird and he's pretty sure he swearing.

Then suddenly blinding lights burn his eyes and metal clinking against metal silences him.

"April fools!"

Steve blinks, vision focusing and takes in the lights, (Y/n) and the rest of the team grinning.

"Geez, Cap," Tony crosses his arms smugly. "If I heard you right, you said something like, 'Goddamn slippery salamanders!' Am I right?"

Steve lets out a long breath, relived as the claws retract and let him lean against the wall. "Jesus. I thought I had died or something."

"Oh," Your grin widens and red spills from everyone's forehead, rolling down their cheeks and neck. "You have."

"W-What?"

Just before the lights go out, you open your mouth and scream.