Chapter 12 •Candles•

A/N: It's my birthday!!!

NATSU'S POV:

"Crap, what are we gonna do?," Lucy said, pacing around the living room.

"We are going to be stuck here for, God knows how long!" Levy added raising her arms in frustration.

"Relax, girls," Erza said with a reassuring smile, "we have enough of food in the kitchen to last us ages,"

"Yeah, plus, the power hasn't gone out or anything, so we'll be fine," Jellal added.

As if on cue, the lights started flickering. They were like that for a while until they completely went out.

"Well, fuck." Someone's voice was heard, though it was too dark to see who it was exactly.

"WHAT ARE WE GONNA DO NOW!!" The girls shrieked (except for Erza).

"Well, first, we gotta light this place up," I said with a smirk.

With the flashlight from our phones, we searched the house for candles.

"Found some!" Erza's voice was heard and we all meet up the kitchen.

"Let me just get a lighter," Lucy says, making her way to the drawer where the lighter is, bumping into a few things along the way.

"Here!" She exclaimed as she found it.

One by one, she lit the candles, which we then went place in different areas of the house. At least now we had some light.

LUCY'S POV:

My parents had called my phone to ask us if we were okay. I told them the situation. Apparently, they too were snowed in. But lucky for them, and the friends they were they with, they were stuck in the fancy bar that they went to for Christmas.

Also, according to my parents, and the local news station, the snow had started around 10:00 and ended up sticking and piling up by 11:00. We were asleep by 9:30 since the overall hype of Christmas had worn us out, so none of us were even aware of any snow. And to make matters worse, now we had no power.

JUVIA'S POV:

Gray and I were walking around, placing candles in the upper right parts of the house. Jellal and Erza had the left and Natsu and Lucy had the lower right. Gajeel and Levy were at the fuse box, trying to figure out if there is anyway to fix the power. Although it's probably something wrong with the telephone lines outside, it was worth a try.

"So..." I started, placing candles a table in the hallway.

Gray turned to look at me, "what's up?"

"Gray-sama hasn't really talked much, is something wrong?"

Gray, again, looked at me, this time with a surprised look.

"I'm fine," was his totally unconvincing reply.

"You're obviously not, Gray," I said, even dropping my third person talk and the honorific I recently gave to his name, which he definitely noticed.

"Okay, well," he gave in, "I've been thinking about us,"

"Huh?" I said surprised, "us?"

"Yeah, you know, our relationship,"

"What about it..." I asked, is this going where I think it is?

"Never mind," he covered up, placing the last of our candles.

We started walking again. Then he suddenly stopped walking and he turned to me.

I gave him a confused look, which he answered with a smirk.

He leaned towards me and our lips met. I kissed back.

Our first kiss as a couple.

GAJEEL'S POV:

"I guess the problem isn't the fuse box then," Levy concluded after fiddling with the fuse box.

"That means the power lines are messed up," I said, and Levy nodded in agreement.

We started to make our way back to the front of the house to meet up with the others. Hopefully they finished placing the candles around the house.

As we walked, I realized that this was the perfect time to say it. We were alone and there was no pressure from any of the guys, who had been pestering me to ask the question. So here it goes.

"LevyWillYouGoOutWithMe?" I said, not realizing it was an incoherent mess of words.

She gave me a confused look before I calmed my self down and said it slowly.

"Will you go out with me, Shrimp?"

She stopped in her tacks.

LEVY'S POV:

My face flushed. I wasn't expecting him to ask that question! My brain seemed to be frozen as I tired my best to think, and speak, an answer. Of course I was going to say yes, so I don't know why my answer contained a few extra syllables.

"Uh, uh, OF COURSE!...I mean, yes, yes, of course I'll go out with you!" My face was blushing, but my smile was crazy big.

He smiled, reaching for my hand as we finally reached where everyone else was.

"What took you guys so lo-" Natsu started, until he noticed our intertwined hands.

A chorus of 'awws' and a couple of 'It's about times' were exchanged, as we sat down on one of the couches. The other couples followed in suit.

"So, what do we do now?" Natsu asked.

"Let's watch a movie!" We all suggested.

Lucy reached for the remote, and attempted to turn on the tv. Key word attempted, we forgot, there was no power.

<><><><><><><><><><><><>

Hey guys, sorry, pretty lame ending, but I kind of rushed making this because I wanted it out for my birthday, which by the way is today!! 🎉🎉Woohoo! Sing for me darlings! Jk, I mean, if you want ¯\_()_/¯ lol.

Also, those ship moments tho :). Sorry if I don't have a lot of Nalu or even Gruvia moments, it's hard to balance the ships, mostly bc I'm more of a Gruvia shipper, so I want more Gruvia moment, lol so bias. So yeah, it's hard to balance them out.

Also, I decided to add some Gale to spice things up a bit :). And sorry for the lack of Jerza, but it is a Gruvia and Nalu fanfic, so I just probably should stick to just those two, what do you guys think?

Anyways, I've rambled enough, later! -TIANA <3