Chapter 14 •Shopping•

Dedicated to: @jaymin280 thank you for voting!

JUVIA'S POV:

School. The epitome of a child's life. A 13 year gateway to being a knowledgable adult, and I'm two months away from getting out of it.

Two months.

61 days.

1,464 hours.

"87,840 minutes." I blurted aloud.

"What?" Gray asked, his left eyebrow lifted in confusion yet an amused look took over his features.

I bite my lip as I realized that I had said that out loud and everyone's eyes were on me.

"Uh, seconds till graduation," I reasoned as if it were obvious.

Groans were heard from some in the group, which contrasted the smiling faces of the others. You could easy tell who were the optimists and who were the pessimists just by a glance.

"That so long!" Lucy, one of the glass half empty believes, stated.

"Don't worry Lu, that's only like 2 months," Levy reassured her blonde friend.

"Man, I can't believe we're almost done with high school," Gray said, looking around the crowded cafeteria like it was the last time he would be able to.

"Yeah, well don't be to get too excited, we still have finals to worry about,"  Natsu reminded the group.

"Not to mention prom is coming up..." I added.

Gray still hasn't asked me, and we still have yet to go on our first date. Would prom count? I mean, my ideal first date didn't include sharing it with 200+ other people.

"Oh my gosh, I totally forgot about prom!" Lucy panicked, "We still haven't shopped for our dresses!"

"How 'bout we do that today, after school?" I suggested.

"Whoa. Prom is like a month away, what's the rush?" Gray stated, surprised at our panic.

I rolled my eyes. The bell rang before I could respond with a rant about proper preparation. We threw our trays of food away and made our way towards our respective classrooms.

Lucy and I were in the same French class, so we continued talking about prom and dresses.

"I'm so excited!" Lucy exclaimed, "I'm looking for a pink dress, not too long, but not too short. And some sparkles, but not too many, I don't want it to look tacky, but at the same time I don't want it to look bori-"

"Relax, Lucy. Juvia's sure we'll find the perfect dress," I said calming her down before she became all the giddy excitement turned to worry and stress.

We reached our classroom and took a seat next to each other, in the far right corner of the room. The class began.

Le time skip (After school)

LUCY'S POV:

"How does this one look?" I asked waving a short pink, silky dress.

"Eh..." Juvia pondered, "nah."

I took another look at the dress before putting it back on the rack, nodding my head in agreement.