Chapter 16 •Prom•

Dedicated to: @Pandyechan, you're amazing!

LUCY'S POV:

"How do I look?" I asked Juvia, still finishing up some of my makeup.

She turned, giving me an approving thumbs up, then returned to finish her own preparations.

Finally, about 40 minutes later, we were ready in our dresses with all our makeup done. All that's left was for our dates to pick us up.

NATSU'S POV:

"Hurry up Flamebrain! We're going to be late!" Gray said, annoyed.

"Yeah, yeah. Don't get you panties in a twist, Ice Princess! I'm coming," I replied, lazily getting up from the couch and straightening the jacket on my tux.

After making sure I looked presentable, I headed out the door to meet Gray outside my apartment. As soon as he saw me, he started walking towards Lucy's house, where the girl would be, forcing me to jog to catch up with him.

"Whoa, slow down," I called from behind, barely keeping up with his extremely brisk walk.

"Why don't you get on my level?" He smirked, speeding up.

"The girls have been looking forward to this since it was announced. Do you know how much trouble we would be in if we were late?" He stated, glancing at his watch before adding, "well, later than we already are.."

I thought about it, picturing the scene that would play out if we picked them up late. It consisted of an angry Lucy, a sobbing Juvia....and two dead men.

I quickened my pace.

JUVIA'S POV:

I checked the time; 7:10.

"They should be here by now," I said, turning to Lucy.

"They better be here by now," Lucy rephrased.

We eyed the window of Lucy's house, waiting for any sign of the two men. Suddenly, the figures of the two shone through the darkness as they past a street light near the house. They seemed to be having a race. Both of them were running, one desperately trying to overtake the other.

Lucy rolled her eyes, opening the door as the guys reached it, panting.

"Ha! I won!" Natsu said proudly, although the panting and insane amount of sweat contradicted his words.

"No way! I totally won!" Gray countered, in the same sweaty, panting state as his friend.

I rolled my eyes. Of course these two wouldn't change, even on such a special night. We grabbed our bags and proceeded to the school, which was only a few blocks from Lucy's house. The boys followed in tow.

Third Person POV:

"Wow!" The girls exclaimed, upon arrive at the school.

They looked around, mouths agape, wondering as to how their dusty, decrepit gym was now a luxurious, decorative ball room.

Natsu and Gray looked in awe too, but for a whole 'nother reason. The food table was lined with various appetizers, snacks, and desserts, attracting all the people who were not into the dancing part of prom. So basically all the boys.

The dancers of the night, on the other hand, were living up to their name. But with the music this loud and lit, (A/N: it's lit fam) it was hard not too. Soon the two girls joined in, jamming out to whatever beats the DJ had put on.

After the boys had had their fill of foods and the girls of dancing, they grouped back together. Natsu, Lucy, Gray, Juvia, and Gajeel and Levy, who had just arrived, gathered together. The dancing on the dance floor had started to slow down and people lined the sides of the gym.

"Alright, alright- I think it's about time for all you couples to hit the dance floor for a little slooooooow song," the DJ decided, switching the upbeat music to a more slower paced one.

Soon, our two couples, and many others, found their way to the dance floor. Their hands immediately intertwined and their feet carried them in perfect sync.

LUCY'S POV:

Gazing into his eyes, I could only think one thing; this man is freakin gorgeous!

And he's dancing with me.... (lol that's two things, Lucy :P)

"This is perfect," I smiled.

"Really?" He asked.

I looked up to him and nodded, "Nothing could be better"

"Challenge accepted," he smirked.

A confused look took over my face as I pondered as to what he meant. That is until his lips crashed on to mine in a contradicting gentle manner.

And somehow he made the night one thousand times better.

GRAY'S POV:

"Tonight was....actually fun," I smiled, though it didn't come close rivaling Juvia's bright smile.

"Juvia's glad Gray-sama thinks so! Juvia had a wonderful time, too.." She smiled even brighter.

I stared at her as she smiled. Soon, staring at her beautiful face was not enough. One of my hands wrapped around her waist and the other cupped her cheek. She responded with a hand grasping the one holding her cheek.

"Only because you were with me, though," I pulled her even closer to me, "Honestly, I don't know what I would do without you..."

I sighed, "You know I'm not really good with words but-"

"Gray,"

"Yeah?"

"I love you."

Her hand left mine, grabbing my tie and pulling me closer. Our lips meet.

"I love you too."

------------------------------------

Not even gonna blame the lack of updates on school, this time it's all on me. Also, Erza and Jellal weren't there bc I was too lazy to write them in, so let's say their doing student council stuff :P Remember vote and comment for a dedication

-Tiana <3 (tbh still fangirling from that gruvia moment)