Chapter 17 •Graduation•

Dedicated to: @TeenKAT101 and korpotiah Thanks for your support!

Third Person POV:

Juvia stood there, smiling as her peers received their diplomas. Lucy had just been called, and briskly walked from her seat to the stage to receive her diploma. She gladly accepted it and waved to the crowd, practically bouncing when she made her way off the stage.

Juvia continued to watch the girl until she disappeared among the the other students, no doubt to find her boyfriend. He and Gray were one of the first to go through the whole ordeal, their last names being high up in alphabetical order and all. Juvia, being toward the end of that scale, was still waiting to be called.

She sighed. The people around her had no problem engaging in conversation, however, she had a harder time. The only thing on her mind at that moment was Gray. In fact, when she looked over and caught sight of him in the crowd, she almost missed her name being called. But a slight shove from one of her seat mates made her all too aware of her absence on the stage and the awkward silence that went with it. Juvia rushed to the front, reaching the announcer and receiving her very own diploma, all while ignoring the very apparent laughter from her friends. She left the stage with a blush.

•••

The group groaned as they posed for what seemed like the millionth picture of the day. The reason their parents needed so many pictures of the eight of them was beyond them, yet they obliged. A layer of the boys with their hands around a row of the girls, gowns and all, seemed to be the popular pose, a silly faced one once in a while to mix it up. Nevertheless, they were just about done with it all.

Luckily, a group of parents discussing politics and "the problem with kids these days" was a good enough distraction for them to escape. The couples rushed in different directions, Gajeel and Levy to the punch bowl; Erza and Jellal into a huddle of students; Gray and Juvia in a desolate corner; and Natsu and Lucy to an open space, each finally getting the alone time they so desperately needed.

"Finally alone," Lucy smiled.

Nastu just smiled and brought her close, resting his forehead on hers.

"I can't believe we've graduated already," He smiled, "it seems like just yesterday we were freshmen, meeting for the first time."

Lucy cringed, reminiscing about the time she literally ran into him for the first time.

Books and papers were in the air, pens and pencils on the floor. A frantic girl spewed apologies, as she helped the boy gather his things.

"Thanks!" He beamed, flashing a brilliant smile to the flustered girl.

"N-no problem, it's the least I could do," she smiled back, nervously.

Lucy blushed, the embarrassment of that day coming back to her. But that was not, in fact, the first time they "met". No, Lucy had her eyes on Natsu since the very first time she saw him. Of course it didn't help that she was invisible to him, despite being in at least two of his classes. But, here they are now....

"Yeah," she smiled, "yeah, it does."

•••

"Do you have a partner?"

"W-what?"

"A partner? For the project?"

"Oh, uhh...no, I don't"

"Cool. We're partners, then."

"Okay." She smiled.

"What're you thinking about?" Gray asked, chuckling at how his girlfriend looked; eyes dazed and mouth agape.

Juvia shot him a glare, "nothing," she crossed her arms.

"C'mon, tell meeee," he said, wrapping his arms around her.

Juvia rolled her eyes, but told him anyways: "about when we first met- or more like first time we interacted and you weren't a total asshole."

"Hey! What's that supposed to mean?!" Gray replied, clearly not remembering their freshman year as well as she did.

"It means that you were kind of a jerk back then. Like, before we were actually friends."

And she was right. Gray was a jerk, not only to Juvia, but to their classmates as well. His cold attitude was notorious around the whole school. Yet somehow, that didn't stop every girl from fawning over him. Juvia never quite liked that part.

"Yeah, I guess..." Gray shrugged, a frown evident on his face.

"Hey, but you're totally different now," Juvia smiled, nudging her boyfriend slightly, "I mean, you're kind, sweet, charming..."

"Yup," Gray laughed.

"And funny, and ticklish! Like who would've thought!"

"Okay, okay, I get it."

"And, oh my god, you snore like crazy!"

"Really, you can stop now."

"Plus, you still sleep with a nightligh-"

Her words were cut off by a kiss from a very red-in-the-face Gray. Juvia laced her hands around his neck, eagerly returning the kiss.

Yup, it seems that Gray's not the only one who's changed.

••••••••••••••••••••••

Wow, I haven't updated in months! To be honest, I've had zero inspiration for the story and I pretty much hate the beginning of it, but I really want to finish it off and not leave you guys hanging. Plus, I did promise, so here it is! A little backstory and not much plot development, but there you go!

Remember, the next chapter will be the last chapter of the book! Still doing dedications for it, so vote and comment!

Love, love, love you guys!
-Tiana <3