Chapter 13 •Saved?!•

Dedicated to: emyanime bc she's great and her comments give me life👌

I'm going to start doing dedications in chapters, so make sure to comment and vote and you might get a chapter dedicated to you :)

LUCY'S POV:

"Go fish.." I said in a bored manner. 

Upon hearing my denial, Erza reached for a card from the slanting deck in the center of our poorly shaped circle.

"Got any fours?" Juvia continued, asking Gray across the circle after Erza had gotten her card and sneered at her unfortunate finding.

Gray shook his head "Go-"

He was interrupted by a low humming noise, then the missed luminous glow of the lights.

One by one, we jumped up realizing what this means; power. Electricity. Being able to charge our phones, some of which had lost power an hour through the blackout.

Some raced to their bags to retrieve the charger for their moribund phones. Others, including myself, had walked to the window to investigate the faint purr of a motor from outside.

My eyes widened at our discovery of our mechanical savior.

"A snow plow!" I exclaimed, "we're saved!"

The snow plow seemed to have just finished its cleansing run, leaving subtle frosty tracks in its wake. The phone-engrossed group, mostly consisting of the girls, joined us at the window.

Running out into the recently cleared and surprisingly empty street, we happily celebrated.

"Finally!" A voiced emerged from one of the girls, "we're free!"

We laughed and cheered, grateful for not being stuck in that house, big as it is, it feels ten times smaller when your trapped in it for what's seems like an eternity.

Suddenly, I felt a cold impact to my left shoulder.  I looked to see where it came from. Natsu.

"Hey!" I shouted, shoving my hand into a mound of pushed away snow and shaping it into something that attempted to resemble a ball.

Steadying my arm and aiming at the hysterically laughing pink head, I release the snowball from my hands.

Since I was aiming at Natsu, you could say that it was a total fail. But if I had been planning on hitting a certain red head in the middle of flirting with her boyfriend, well that would mean success.

The now angry Erza turned around, eyeing the area from which the icy projectile had originated.

Tension built as the red haired maiden grabbed a mound of snow and shot it straight at me with stunning accuracy.

"SNOWBALL FIGHT!" A shout emerged from the recently started chaos.

The strategic members of our group, the girls, built up icy forts for protection, where as the more sprightly members, the guys, went for a move aggressive approach, barging into the middle of the battlefield and blasting snowballs onto whoever was exposed.

"Ahhhhh!" A war cried emergered from Levy as she ran out of her makeshift fort, pelting anyone in her way.

I struck Levy just as she hit Gajeel, who had simultaneously hit Natsu and Gray.

As we started to slow down from tiredness and probably hypothermia, we headed inside.

JUVIA'S POV:

"Well, that was fun," Gray stated, laughing.

"Yeah," I agreed, plopping onto the couch, sitting next to him.

Erza, Jellal, Gajeel, and Levy had gone home a while after coming in. Their reasons ranging from soaked clothes to raging, overprotective parents.

"Man, I haven't had a snowball fight in ages," Lucy smiled.

Natsu nodded, adding some twigs to the recently started fire.

Staring at the roaring flames, mugs of hot cocoa in hand, the group smiled, recalling the events of today.

Then, a dreadful thought came over the minds of the teens....

There's school tomorrow.

⇄⇄⇄⇄⇄⇄⇄⇄⇄⇄⇄⇄⇄⇄⇄⇄

Sorry this is really late, but school+finals=a very stressed out Tiana and no time to update. School ends on the 23rd for me so once summer starts I should be able to update more. I am going to be going on vacation sometime in July though, so I won't be very active then.
Anyways, I hope you enjoyed!
-Tiana