Panic attack

After the Shredder had almost killed you last time he kidnapped you, the turtles and master Splinter had made it clear that you had to move in with them. You living alone in an apartment was not safe at all. Every night since being kept hostage by the Foot clan you kept getting nightmares, but tonight was different.

Master Splinter had send Raph, Donnie and Mikey surface for patrol and said Leo could stay behind if trouble would come underground. Splinter was in deep meditation in his bedroom, while you was in the kitchen to get som water to drink. Leo was in the livingroom and was ready to watch some TV with you.

Suddenly bad images and flashbacks popped in your head, making you get a bad head ache. You felt scared again. Then images about the Shredder kidnapping you again pops in your head and you fear it will happen again. This felt so real. You're breathing more heavily and faster, your heartbeat quickens and now you feel terrified like you have never been before.

SHREDDER: [Evil laugh] Hahahahaha! So you think you can escape and get away from me? Pathetic little girl! I'm going to hunt you down until your last breath is taken!

It was like he was right there in front of you, but it was just a voice in your head messing with you. Hearing that voice like Shredder was right there made you lose it. You dropped the glass of water in the floor.

YOU: Aaaaah!

LEONARDO: Y/n!

Leo jumped up from the couch and rushed into the kitchen where you now stood with hot tears running down your cheeks.

YOU: No! Get away from me!

You screamed out loud trying to walk backwards, but tripped. Before you was about to hit the ground, Leo caught you and pulled you in for a hug.

LEONARDO: Nobody is here, but me and Sensei. What's wrong, Y/n?

He tried asking in a very calm voice.

YOU: H-he is here. He's here!

Leo grabbed your shoulders to make you look at him. He looked at you concerned, but knew he needed to focus and help you.

LEONARDO: Y/n! Look at me! Can you do that? Tell me who is here. Who do you see?

You tried to look at Leo, but all you saw was black and very dark images of the Shredder and flashbacks from the Foot clan.

YOU: S-shredder... gonna hunt me down... until I die...

After you had forced out that sentence your breath got heavier, you felt more dizzy and you looked more pale. Leo had no freaking idea what was happening or what he have to do, but he had to do something.

LEONARDO: Listen to me, Y/n, I need you to calm down. Look at me, please. You need to focus and listen to me. Nobody else is here.

Nothing worked. You was still freaking out. Leo had to do something to get your attention quick before it was too late. He knew you were in the middle of a panic attack and he tried to calm you down by talking calmly to you, but failed. Donnie had mentioned that it helps to hold your breath when you have a panic attack, but how was he gonna make you hold your breath? He looked around the kitchen for options, but found nothing. Then he looked on your lips and thought about how much he have wanted to kiss you. A kiss! That's it, he would have to kiss you because then you would hold your breath and focus on something else. He just hoped this would destroy your friendship, but your safity always came first.

He just went for it. He pressed his lips against your soft ones, pulled you closer to him and held around you tightly. After almost a minute you had calmed down and your arms went around his neck. You slowly started kissing him back and he was surprised by that, but he kept kissing you. After a little rescue make out session the two of you pulled away. Your arms are still around his neck and he still held around you tightly.

YOU: Leo, you saved me.

LEONARDO: Anything for you.

You kissed him on the lips sweetly one more time and looked him in the eyes.

YOU: Thanks for saving me, hero.

Leo blushed, but still held you close to him and he sighed.

LEONARDO: I just need to get this out now. I love you, Y/n, and I would love for you to be my girlfriend.

There was silence and when you didn't answer after sometime Leo looked down defeated.

YOU: I would love to be your girlfriend because I love you too, Leonardo.

He looked up and smiled happily. You pulled him in for another kiss, completely forgetting that you just had a panic attack and that there is still broken glass on the floor.