Thunders

Another late night and all the turtles was busy with their own things. Raph was punching the punching bag, Donnie in the lab and Mikey was fixing some pizza and popcorn to watch some of his cartoons on TV. Leo was already sitting on the couch lost in his own thoughts about you and how lucky they were to know you, how lucky he was to have you in his life. Leo was deeply in love with you, but he didn't have the courage to tell you his true feelings in fear of rejection, so the next best thing was to be your best friend. Leo got out of his trance when he heard the urgent news get on the TV.

REPORTER: we apologize to interupt, but we do have some urgent news about the weather in New York. The storm seems to just get badder and badder, plus it's big chances for lightning and thunder tonight. We warn every citizent in New York to stay inside and don't go out.

It was something about thunder that got Leo thinking, but he couldn't quite remember what it was.

MICHELANGELO: dude, isn't Y/n like afraid of thunders?

Leo's eyes widened. That was the thing. You was afraid of thunder and have always been since you were little and you didn't even know why. Leo jumped out of the couch and made his way to gear up.

LEONARDO: Guys! I'm heading to Y/n's place.

RAPHAEL: Going to check up on your girlfriend?

Raph asked in a teasing voice which made Leo angry. He loved you, but he hated it when his brothers was teasing him like that when you wasn't his yet. He just wanted you to be alright. Leo growled and ignored his smirking brother and left the lair.

At your house you were curled up in a blanket in your bedroom with your knees to your chest, hot tears streaming down. Your family was out of town and was supposed to be back by now, but wasn't because of the storm. You heard knocks on your window and looked up to see Leo standing outside in the dark soaking wet. He noticed your condition and didn't hesitate to just open the window by himself and rush over to you. He bent down, sitting on his knees, so he came face to face with you and then grabbed your hands.

LEONARDO: Are you alright, Y/n?

YOU: I-I'm fine. Your soaking wet and freezing cold Leo.

LEONARDO: Don't worry about me and please dont change the subject. You are more important to me.

Leo got up and found a towel and got himselft cleaned up. Another thunder came and you let out a scream and covered your face with the blanket you had. Leo walked over and sat beside you in your bed, his arms around you to hug you and comfort you. You have dreamed of being in Leo's arms for so long.

LEONARDO: Hey. Look at me Y/n, you're inside with me and the thunder is outside. It can't touch you when you're in here.

He said trying to calm you down and it kind of worked. You was still shaking, but relaxed in his arms.

LEONARDO: Everything's gonna be alright.

YOU: [sniff] Leo?

LEONARDO: Yeah?

YOU: Please don't go.

LEONARDO: I'm not going anywhere. Lay down, you should try get some sleep.

You nodded and laid down on your bed as he laid down beside you holding his muscular arms protectively around you. You calmed down, then looked Leo straight in the eyes and he looked right back in yours. A small kiss was placed on his cheek by your lips.

YOU: Thank you Leo.

Leo blushed and his hand touched the area your lips touched his skin.

LEONARDO: Y/n, I have to tell you something.

YOU: Me too.

LEO & YOU: I love you.

You both said in unison. A silence filled the room. No more words were needed, only for Leo and you to lean in and share a passionate kiss.