Chapter 1

Hey my children of the night! It is I! Darkest Night, here to bring you another book! Now, the updates and things will happen in the book of course. I just won't be putting anything at the beginning, it will be at the end. Well, enjoy the book! 👍
___________________________ Kaylas POV
Adopted was the one word I thought I'd never hear. I've been here so long that, I'd forgotten what a family is like. I guess I'll know now since I'll be adopted today.
"GIRLS! COME LINE UP THEY'LL BE HERE ANY MINUTE!"
*boom,boom,boom,boom*
We all raced down the stairs. I was tripped half way down by one of the girls. They looked at me and laughed. They didn't even say sorry.
"Where's Kayla?"
All the girls pointed at me. The most popular girls just looked at me and laughed. Good thing I wore my long sleeve shirt today, that way they can't make fun of my cuts. I sat down on the bench and pulled out my phone, quickly I pulled up Minecraft and began playing. I don't care what the other girls thought of me.
"*brrrr*"
I always forgot, downstairs is always cold in the morning. I needed my jacket.
"Mrs.Clark, can I go grab my jacket?"
"But of course, you don't have to ask Kayla."
I quickly ran up the stairs and grabbed my PrestonPlayz hoodie, slipped it on and went back downstairs. I pulled my phone out again and turned Minecraft back on. I guess I was to busy playing because the people coming came in. One of them stood over me. I looked up and my heart skipped a few beats.
"You play Minecraft?"
I shook my head yes. Not knowing what to say.
"You watch that person on your hoodie?"
"Yes..."
I was in complete utter shock. The people coming today were the Pack! Preston had just talked to me! OMG this is a dream come true!
"Hey Rob, Lachy! Over here!"
They came over and looked at me, they formed a circle and agreed on an answer. Finally Preston said the words I thought I'd never hear.
"We wanna adopt her."
Mrs.Clark called them over and had them sign the papers for my adoption. I was being adopted by the pack!
"Well, Kayla, go get your things packed and come back down when you're done."
"Okay."
I ran up the stairs, the other girls followed.
"Oh look girls, the Whore is being adopted by her idols! They'll probably bring her back once they've had their fun with her though."
Last...straw... I walked up to her and punched her square in the face. Then grabbed my things and went out the door. I was glad to be leaving this hell hole. I would never have to deal with them again.
"Ow! You get back here you b-"
I turned back around and saw Lachlan in the doorway. Must have slipped past me on the stairs.
"Come on Lachlan, they're not worth our time."
"Okay."
He followed after me. I hugged Mrs.Clark goodbye and got in their car. I buckled myself in, Rob and Lachlan looked back at me. Preston was sitting on the right side.
"So, what should we call you?"
"How about Kay?"
"Kay, I like that. Okay Kay, we're heading home."
I started laughing, maybe Kay wasn't the best name.
"Never mind, just call me Kayla. We can figure out a nickname later, once I get to know you guys more."
Even though I already knew everything about them! I rolled up my sleeves, totally oblivious about the cuts and popped my earbuds in. Minutes later a hand was on my arm. I looked over and it was Preston, he had a worried look on his face. I took my earbuds out and removed his hand from my arm. I rolled my sleeves back down.
"Those are nothing..."
I lied, he could clearly tell I was though.
"You don't have to be afraid. We're pretty much your brothers now."
He smiled. It was a warm and welcoming one, not a pity one like the ones I use to receive from the other couples that came in through the door at the orphanage. Good thing I'm no longer there. I laid my head down on his shoulder and fell asleep. Not sure when we arrived at the house but, when I woke up I was in a bed. I looked around the room, it was painted blue. My favorite color, strange almost as if they knew exactly who they were going to adopt. I sat up and looked at the time. 10:00 pm. Holy Cow! I've been asleep most of the day! I got up and looked out my door to see if anyone was up. I opened the door and the first thing I notice is Preston's name on the door. I was sleeping in Preston's bed?! Why didn't he just put me on the couch? Probably wanted me to sleep well. That little pleb. I grabbed my phone and turned on the flashlight, I made my way downstairs. Some of them were up, only ones that aren't were Mitch and Rob. I turned my light off and quietly made my way into the living room. I took a seat near Vikk. He jumped a bit once he noticed me.
"Preston, I thought you said she was asleep?"
"She is."
He turned his head towards Vikk and looks at me. I wave and he waves back.
"Well, since she's up why don't we play a game of Two Truths and a Lie?"
"Yay! Game!"
"I'm going to bed, don't stay up to late boys and girl."
"We won't Lachy!"
"Does she already know our names?"
"Yeah, she's a fan. I'm surprised she didn't freak out more than she did though when I first laid my eyes on her. Although, she was playing Minecraft so, that could have something to do with it."
He smiled and I blushed.
"It's getting late, maybe we should play the game tomorrow. You know, when everyone's awake?"
"Yeah, I'm going to bed. Night guys."
"Night Vikk."
"What about you Preston? Going to bed?"
"Yeah, I'm just gonna show Kayla her room first."
"Okay, night guys."
"Night fluffy."
"Night."
"So, where's my room?"
"Let me show you."
_______________________________
Did you guys like it? I'm writing this at 10:00 at night so, I hope you did! If you didn't I will track you down! By the way, all the way up to chapter 5 will be pre-written. After that, I will update the book as much as I can every other day. Including my other books! Bai~