Chapter 13

Previously on Fate or Destiny...
  I rolled my eyes and crossed my arms. Preston turned on the bedside light so that we could see better.
"It's about Lauren."
"What about her?"
"She escaped..."
_______________________________
Preston's POV
  "What?"
  "I called the prison before o went to bed to check on them, she's gone. The 'fake parents' are still there though."
  "No..."
  I turned towards Kayla, tears were streaming down her face. What did she know about Lauren that I didn't?
  "Shhhh...Kayla calm down..."
  "I-I can't b-be ca-calm...."
  She looked at Mitch and Mitch looked at me.
  "Someone with the initials of LM warned her about falling for you. If she did..."
  "It's okay Mitch, just tell him."
  She wrapped her arms around my neck as Mitch continued to speak.
  "If she did, someone would get hurt, starting with her brother, Vikk."
  "Why didn't you tell me this?"
  "I didn't want you to worry, I don't need protection, you guys do. I should have just killed myself at the orphanage when I had a chance..."
  That made me mad. I grabbed her arms and looked her in the eyes.
  "NEVER EVER think that for a moment. You're a wonderful girl and a wonderful girlfriend. If I catch you doing anything to harm yourself, there will be some punishments."
  "O-okay..."
  I took her into my arms and sat her on my lap.
  "I'm gonna take her to bed..."
  "I thought she already was in bed?"
  "No, Vikk doesn't like us doing that."
  "Okay, well you should hurry up. The boys will be waking up soon."
  "What time is it?"
  I checked my clock and it was 5:45 am. We had a video to record at 6:00. Yeah, I better hurry.
  "Okay, I'll be down there in a few."
I carried Kayla to her room and her grip around my neck grew tighter as we approached her room. Did she know something was going to happen once I put her down?
"Kayla, you need to let go..."
"I don't want to let go though..."
"Okay, how about we make a deal?"
"What kind of deal?"
I tried to think of something that would make her let go. Got it...
"If you let go and sleep for a while longer, I'll take you to StarBucks after we finish recording. Sound good?"
"No, how about I wake up and make you boys breakfast? Then I start on our spawn area? Sound good?"
Man she's good...
"You need sleep though b-"
She put her finger on my lips and shook her head no, she wasn't going to give up. She let go of me a went to her room. Her hair bouncing as she walked. She's so Kawaii sometimes, wait, sometimes? All the time!
  "Okay...I guess..."
  I walked back to my room to grab a chafe of clothes and then headed for the shower.

Kayla's POV
  I can't believe Preston trusting me to make breakfast! Ha! Wait unlit that see what happens when they mess...with the prank queen! I started to sing Ghost by Hasley as I got ready.
Play Song
  I'm searching for something, that I can't reach...
  I gabbed my phone and turned the song on. I ended up dancing and singing to it, more than getting dressed...
I don't like them innocent, I don't want no face flash
Want them wearing leather back and let me be your taste test
I like the sad eyes, bad guys, mouth full of white lies
Kiss me in the courtyard but, quick to tell me good bye
I put on my Galaxy leggings, black sports bra, black tank top, and my heart rate hoodie. I grabbed my phone and my headphones, then I headed downstairs.
My ghost, where'd you go, I can't find you in the body sleeping next to me
My ghost, where'd you go, what happen to the soul that you use to be
I decided not to prank the boys so early in the morning but, later they're not going to be very happy. I grabbed the jiffy mix and made some homemade pancakes. I also made bacon and eggs to go with them. I located the syrup, whipped cream if they had any, strawberries, blueberries, and chocolate chips. I warmed up the syrup and started washing the fruit. I put the chocolate chips in a small bowl and just set the whipped cream next to everything else. I grabbed my plate and began to eat.
I'm searching, for something, that I can't reach
My ghost where'd you go, I can't find you in the body sleeping next to me
My ghost, where'd you go, what happened to the soul that you use, to be
End of song
I must have been singing because, I heard a couple of claps and hollers. My face turned bright red and I couldn't turn myself to face them.
"Who knew you could sing?"
"Um...Pfft...that? That wasn't...um...singing..."
"Okay, whatever you say Miley Cyrus."
"What did you just call me?"
"Oh, did Miley get mad?"
"Oh, you're so dead now. Just you wait Mitch, just you wait."
I finally turned my head towards Mitch after my face cooled down.
"Thanks for the breakfast Kayla! Wait, why are you up? It's like 7:00 in the morning."
"I wanted to get up. Plus, you guys aren't the only ones that have a schedule."
"You? Schedule? BWHA! Gonna have to see it to believe it."
"Shut up Vikk!"
We all started to laugh. As the boys finished up their food, I cleaned up the kitchen. I felt like a house maid or, house wife but, I didn't really mind. It's better here than at the orphanage.
"So, what are you going to do for four hours? Or until all of The Pack is killed off in YouTuber UHC Season 7?"
"Well, I was hoping to start a survival series by myself. Or, log on to the YouTube Crazy Craft Survival world that I was invited on to..."
"Wait, they asked you to join?"
"Yeah."
"Why didn't you tell me?! That's amazing!"
"I wanted it to be a surprise!"
Preston wrapped his arms around my waist and gave me a hug. He then lifted me up in the air and spun me.
"No! Put me down!"
"Mmm...how about...no?"
He put me over his shoulder and carried me to the living room. He threw me on the couch and then sat on me. I started laughing and crying a bit because I couldn't stop laughing!
"Preston! Let's go, time to get started!"
"Okay, bye babe."
"Hey, tell the boys if they need any water, snakes, bathroom break, I'll help them out."
"Okay?"
"Bye babe!"
"Love you~"
"Love you to!"
Preston got off me and I proceeded to clean the rest of the kitchen. It's going to be a very quiet day, or at least until the boys die.
_______________________________
Oh look! A chapter that so late and over due! Why would Author~Chan do something like that to us?
Hey guys! So, recently I took a huge test and I've also been really busy ever since Spring Break got over. Now, chapters are going to be assigned to altered days. So, let's say Monday, then Wednesday, then Friday, and so forth. Make sense? Good!
Stay Dark My Friends...