Chapter Nineteen

((hello! i just wanted to thank all of you for helping desolation come this far! it is almost at 1k reads! I want to thank you for all your votes and comments, which I love reading! and bc I'm so happy, here is a gif of Ian))

The next few minutes are utter chaos.

The second that the man opens my cage door, I lunge forward, pure adrenaline coursing throughout my veins. I force all of my body weight onto the cage door, driving it open and tumbling out onto the ground. Before I can get up and run, I feel the man's arms grab me violently, dragging me back into the cage. I scream, trying to break out of his grip, but he is much stronger than I am.

Just when I am about to get locked back into the cage, the man is suddenly slammed to the ground. I look up to see Ian, tackling him. I quickly scramble backwards, standing up. Ian wrestles the man, pushing him hard onto the ground.

"Run Tessa!" he shouts.

My heart pounding in my chest, I look around. For a few moments, it seems as if everything is happening in slow motion.

Both Dylan and Tristan have broken out of their cages, and are wrestling the other three men to the ground. Nikki and Alyssa are still in their cages. And I am standing there, frozen in place.

"Run!" Ian shouts again.

But I can't move.

I watch in terror as Ian is violently slammed to the ground.

I can't just stand here anymore.

A surge of adrenaline flows throughout my body and I lunge forward, jumping on top of the man wrestling Ian. I wildly punch the man repeatedly until he falls backwards, releasing Ian. Quickly, I stand up, and before the man can attack again, I kick him in the head.

Hard.

He falls backward, slumping onto the ground. Knocked out cold.

I stand there breathlessly, my heart racing.

I cannot believe that I just did that.

I look at Ian, who is still laying on the ground. He looks up at me, blood trickling from his mouth.

"Wow," he murmurs, standing up quickly.

Ian immediately runs towards Tristan and Dylan to help them fight off the other two men. I stand there rooted to the ground, still shocked that I knocked someone out cold.

"Tessa, run!" Ian shouts.

I shake my head, unable to move. It's as if all of the muscles in my body have stopped working.

"RUN!"

Finally, I run. But not away from them.

I run straight towards them.

"Tessa, what the hell are you doing!" Ian yells, right before he is pummeled to the ground.

I jump onto the man on top of Ian, pushing him to the ground. Then, before the man can get up, I shove him into one of the cages and slam the door, locking him inside.

Ian gets up and slams the man who is fighting Tristan to the ground. Hard. I cringe as I hear a loud crack.

Now there's only one of them left.

Dylan is on the ground, trying to wrestle the man. He yells out in pain as the man punches him in the jaw. Ian instantly jumps on the man, wrestling him off of Dylan and aggressively shoving him onto the ground. Knocking him out cold.

I stand there, panting, adrenaline still pulsating throughout my veins.

"Oh my god..." Nikki whispers from inside her cage, her eyes wide with fear.