Chapter Twenty Eight

((I hope you enjoy this chapter! here are some shoutouts to readers who always vote and comment!!! thanks so much @EliMooo @Sarahrito773 @Awkwardbandninja @eternalgalaxies13 @kaiwattz))

Hal's malicious cackle continues, reverberating in my ears.

I sit there in the chair, frozen with both fear and disgust for this terrible man.

Then suddenly, filled with a rush of rage, I pick the phone off of the floor and scream into it,

"What do you want!"

Hal continues to laugh; a cold, unpleasant laugh.

"I said, what the hell do you want!" I scream again, my voice strained.

His laughing finally stops, replaced with the low static noise.

Then, he says,

"I'm afraid that's classified information, Tessa."

Overtaken with another wave of rage, I shout,

"Why did you kill her?"

Another pause, then Hal says,

"Alyssa? She was a worthless coward."

This time, I seriously lose it.

"YOU BASTARD! HOW THE CAN YOU KILL SOMEONE AND NOT CARE AT ALL?"

I am cut off when I feel someone's hand grab my shoulder, pulling me backward. The phone falls out of my hand and onto the dashboard. I turn around to see Ian.

I look at him breathlessly, anger still boiling in my veins.

Then, I hear Hal's voice again.

"Tessa, you obviously do not understand the reason why we are doing this."

"The reason why you have kidnapped twelve teenagers on an island, killed Alyssa, imprisoned us in cages, and did some horrible medical procedure on me! It's because you and all of your people are sick psychopaths."

I have never felt this angry before.

Hal chuckles again, which makes me literally want to strangle the man.

"Remember Tessa, you have until sunset to return to us. And if you don't, you and the others you are with will face the consequences," Hal says coldly.

Then, before I can reply, the line goes dead.

Still breathless, I slowly bend down and pick the phone off of the ground, putting it back on the receiver.

"Oh crap," Dylan murmurs under his breath.

I then turn around, facing them. I can feel that my face is bright red from the anger boiling up inside of me.

We all stay there in silence for a few moments, having nothing to say.

"Well we're screwed," Dylan grumbles, breaking the tense silence.

I suddenly feel claustrophobic inside of the small cockpit. Getting up out of my chair, I walk out of the cockpit and into the main section of the plane. When I still feel claustrophobic, I open the door and exit the plane, walking down the stairs and onto the hot sand.

The salty ocean breeze whips my messy in hair in all directions. I close my eyes for a moment, digging my toes into the sand to try to stabilize myself. The hot sun beats down on me, but it feels better to be outside in the fresh air, rather than in that hot and stuffy plane.

My eyes flash open when I hear the door slide open behind me. I turn around to see Ian, standing at the top of the stairs. He then walks down towards me.