Chapter Forty Four

((ahh guys I am so sorry I haven't been able to update recently! this was a crazy week for me; I had my high school prom yesterday so I was not able to write at all!! but I am back now, so I hope that you all enjoy this chapter!!! and here is another picture of Eve))

I stare at Eve for a few moments, my eyes widened in both shock and confusion.

"What?" she asks bluntly.

I swallow hard.

"Um...you think that it's a good idea to wake her up?" I ask hesitantly.

Eve stares at me for a few moments, then says,

"Why would it be a bad idea?"

How do I even phrase this?

"Because I don't want to wake up my clone! It's really creepy!" I exclaim.

"But wouldn't it be cool? It would be like having an identical twin! And who knows, maybe she knows some information that we don't," Eve says.

"I...I don't know," I murmur.

"I knew you were a scaredy-cat" Eve mutters under her breath, crossing her arms and turning to walk away.

I suddenly snap.

"Fine! We can wake her up tonight!" I shout.

Eve turns around, looking at me with raised eyebrows. Then suddenly, her lips break into a smile.

"Sweet," she says.

I sigh.

What have I got myself into?

It has begun to get dark. The bright, silvery moonlight filters down through the canopy of trees, illuminating the jungle floor.

"We should head back," I say.

We begin to silently walk back towards the hatch, Eve leading the way. Finally, we arrive back to the glass hatch and I kneel down, sliding the door open. I carefully climb down the ladder, followed by Eve.

"Where were you two?" Nikki exclaims. rushing towards us once we enter the main room.

"We were just talking about something," Eve says.

I glance up at her and she looks down at me with a don't-tell-anyone-what-we-just-talked-about look in her eyes.

"Talking about what?" Nikki asks.

"About life," Eve says quickly.

Nikki looks at us suspiciously, her eyes meeting with mine.

"Alright then," Nikki says, nodding her head slowly.

Exhausted, I walk over and plop down onto one of the couches, letting out a huge sigh. Ian must be in the shower; I can faintly hear the water running from the bathroom. Dylan is back in the kitchen area, pounding away at food, and Tristan is sitting on the couch across from me. His eyes flit up for a moment, locking with mine. I give him a small smile and he awkwardly smiles back.

Just as I am about to say something to him, Nikki and Dylan come over and sit down on the other couch. Dylan wraps his arms around Nikki, pulling her close against his chest.

Damn, they are cute together.

Suddenly, Tristan stands up.

"I'm going to go get something to drink. Do you guys want anything?" he asks, turning to Dylan and Nikki first.

When both of them shake their heads, he looks at me.

"Do you want anything Tessa?" he asks.

"I'll have a glass of water if you don't mind," I say.