Chapter Forty Two

((so sorry that I haven't updated in a while, but I am back now!!! desolation has been #1 in adventure the past three days, OMG!! thank you all so much for your reads, votes comments! i hope that you all enjoy this chapter, and here is a picture of Tessa for ya'll to see!))

For a few moments, they all stare at me with shock and confusion on their faces.

I look down at my feet and sure enough, there is a small glass panel on the jungle floor.

"What did you just say?" Ian asks.

I point to the ground.

"Th...There's some sort of glass door on the ground," I say.

Without a word, they all rush over, looking down at the glass panel.

"No way...," Dylan murmurs, slowly tracing his fingers along the glass.

I suddenly remember the words of the men in the jungle last night.

"Do you think they've found the other stations on this island?"

"Let's hope not..."

Well, I am pretty sure that we just found one.

Dylan begins to lift the glass panel up and I grab his wrist, stopping him.

"What's wrong?" he asks, looking up at me.

"We shouldn't go down there. It's one of their stations," I say warily.

"Yeah, I know. But what if there's food or supplies down there?" Dylan asks.

"What if they're down there?" I ask.

Dylan swallows.

"Then we shoot them," Eve says, taking out her gun.

I sigh. There's no way that I am going to win this argument.

"Fine. But if there is anything fishy down there, we leave immediately," I say firmly.

Everyone nods. I let go of Dylan's wrist and he continues to wrench open the glass panel. Once it is removed, we all look down to see a rope descending down into a brightly light room. For a few moments, we wait, listening to hear if there is anyone down there. When all that we hear is silence, Dylan begins to slide down the rope.

We all wait apprehensively as he shimmies down the rope into the room. Finally, he jumps down onto the floor and spins around in a slow circle, looking around him.

"What's down there?" Nikki calls down.

"I...I don't know," Dylan murmurs, his voice echoing.

A few moments later, Dylan cries out,

"Whoa, wait a second!"

"What is it!" I call down frantically.

"THERE'S FOOD!" Dylan shouts, running across the room.

Excitement rushes throughout my entire body. Food; that is something I haven't seen the past week. The mere thought of it makes me giddy.

We all instantly begin to scramble down the rope. When it is my turn I slide down as fast as I can, even though the rope burns my hands and legs as I do so. Once I reach the bottom, I look in the corner of the room to see everyone crowded around a refrigerator. I run over to them, my heart hammering in my chest with exhilaration. As I run over, I don't even bother to look at the rest of the room. The only thought in my mind right now is food.

Dylan has the refrigerator door open and is pulling out an assortment of food and drinks. On cue, my stomach growls. We all greedily reach for it, grabbing random items. I look to see that I have grabbed a block of cheese, and think of something that I hadn't thought of before.