Chapter Thirty Two

((hello everyone! so sorry I haven't been able to update in a while, I was very busy with school this week! but I am back now because it is finally spring break!!! I hope that you all enjoy this chapter! don't forget to vote and comment, i really love reading all of your awesome comments! and here is a gif of Tristan from this chapter))

My heart stops.

I stare at Hal and he stares back at me, his icy gray eyes burning into mine.

"What is it?" Tristan asks.

He then turns around and jumps.

"Hello," Hal says, his thin, sallow lips curling up into an unsettling smirk.

I suddenly feel nauseous. Neither Tristan nor I respond. Instead, we just stare at him, hatred and anger blazing in our eyes.

Hal slowly wheels forward, the wheels on his wheelchair squeaking.

So badly do I want to jump down on top of him and knock his wheelchair over.

"Look what your friend Ian did to me," Hal says.

"You deserved it," I murmur under my breath.

"What was that Miss Tessa?" Hal sneers, looking up at me.

"I said, you deserved it," I say through gritted teeth.

Hal laughs, a laugh that turns my insides cold. I continue to glare at him, trying not to show the fear that I am feeling inside. 

"What did you do to him?" I ask, my voice trembling slightly.

"You already saw, didn't you?" Hal asks.

"Yeah, but what did you do to him?" I demand.

Hal laughs again, his laugh reverberating throughout my skull. God, I truly hate this man.

"I am not going to tell you that Tessa. But you will find out soon enough."

My stomach sinks. 

"So, it looks like you two found a way to escape this room. How clever. We didn't expect you to be able to find a way out," Hal says chillingly.

We must be in big trouble.

"We're going to have to move you two to a place where you cannot escape."

Oh no. I have a horrible feeling that wherever they are going to move us to is going to be much worse than this room. Before I can say anything, the door opens and two men in white lab coats enter.

"Take them there," Hal says brusquely to the men.

The men silently nod, then walk over towards us, pulling us down from the top of the table. Before I can fight them off, my hands are tied behind my back with rope. The men begin to drag us out of the room. 

"Enjoy your new place," Hal says, grinning and revealing his crooked teeth.

We are led down the white-walled hallway. It is eerily silent except for the clicking of our footsteps on the tile floor. With every step, the pit in my stomach grows larger and larger. I glance at Tristan and he looks back at me with fear and hopelessness in his eyes.

We take a turn and continue down another hallway that is identical to the other one. Except in this one, the fluorescent lights on the ceiling are flickering on and off, making me feel uneasy. We walk and stop at a large steel door at the end of the hallway. 

"Where are you taking us?" Tristan asks nervously as one of the men pulls out a ring of keys from his coat pocket.

Of course, he does not respond. Instead, he finds the correct key and twists it into the door handle.