Chapter 1 - Beginnings

I finally arrived in Seoul. My rowdy two-year old younger sister nagged at my scarf around my neck, even though I knew it was just for play. I was going to attend a really rare high school that normal kids don't usually attend... Seoul School of Performing Arts, or for short "SOPA" as a Senior. Why it was considered "rare" was that many K-Pop Idols go there, and some graduated. Of course, there are many normal kids that aren't famous that are there for their talents. Being the lucky winner of a contest which allowed me to attend the school, my mom decided we all move there, since we were planning to do that anyway near in the future once I managed to learn to understand and speak the Korean language fluently.

My name is Seraphine and I have a younger sister named Romie. Two days have passed, and all I've done was just staring at my phone, wrapped up in a pink throw blanket and chatting in a group chat with all my friends from the US. I was a huge K-Pop fan, so I had many BTS posters hung on the wall, along with other K-Pop groups. I couldn't wait to go to school, because I was too excited to finally meet my ultimate bias, Jeon Jungkook of BTS. I wasn't trying to sound crazy, but now that it was a possibility hanging by a thread, the thought just ran through my mind. But, can I even? Considering there are most likely going to be over 100 kids, maybe even more, attending as a Senior, but among those he should be one of them. Their break has already begun anyways.

---

I was about to go to bed, until a text came on my phone. It was my best friend from the US.

Jessica: "So, how's the Korean life hanging?"

I texted: "Nothing much, what time is it there anyways?"

Jessica: "Like, 8:30AM. HEY!"

I giggled to myself: "Yes...?"

Jessica: "If you meet BTS, you better mention me. A-and... please get a good photo of Jiminie!"

I rolled my eyes and texted very quickly: "Yes yes, but don't be that excited yet. I mean, I haven't even gotten to the school yet. And what even got you thinking I would meet BTS for sure?"

Jessica sent me a blank face emoji and texted again: "Well, if you are going to get yourself the man of your dreams, he'll most likely bring you to their studio... ya know, see exclusive stuff."

I gasped and facepalmed, I even let out a small laugh: "Jess! I'm not a pervert. Also, he might already have a girlfriend."

Jessica texted: "What did you think I meant? By exclusives, I meant DANCE PRACTICES, VOCAL WARM UPS, those stuff! TRYYY!!!"

I texted as quickly as possible because of distinct footsteps approaching my room: "I was joking. I need to go, my mom will kill me if I'm up late."

Jessica texted: "Haha... it's funny hearing that since it's early morning here."

I then texted a quick bye and got in my bed, plugging my phone to the charger cord.

"Sera, go to sleep. It's 12:30am. I can hear you all the way from my own room." She said outside the door. I sighed and yelled out a little aggressive 'I know'. I turned off the light and put my hand up, eventually clenching it.

Maybe... I can meet him after all. But, with all those tight schedules? No way, or... ugh! I don't know.

"Jungkook-ah..." I mumbled out and turned to where my phone was charging and grabbed it. I sighed and typed in my password, eventually staring at my home screen which was Jungkook smiling at me. He had the most cutest, adorable, and handsome smile. And also, from what I saw, silky hair. What would it be if I met him, right now?

"Sis." I heard right out the door. I propped myself up and got up on my feet. I opened the door and glared at Victoria, who was scratching her auburn hair.

"What do you want? It's midnight! Go to bed." I tried closing the door, but she immediately grabbed the side.

"I heard you." She said, while smiling. I started to blush and clenched my phone. She sighed and giggled.

"You know what, if you are going to be in the same grade as him, you'll definitely see him. Don't worry." She hugged me, kissed me on the cheek, and said goodnight. That was probably the only time she was that nice and comforting towards me.

The next day, we went to the mall and I passed by a really cute bakery. I picked out some macarons, and got a slice of angel food cake. I smiled, but had a really awkward talk with the clerk behind the counter.

"Here you go, beautiful." The lady said, and smiled. She handed me the bag, and what I saw was a "To and From" sticker on the front.

"You can put a name if it's for someone, I mean, you must have a boyfriend. You're really beautiful. Who's that person you're with?" She asked me. I almost dropped the bag on my foot. I turned to my right and saw my mom and sister waiting for me.

"Well, I... um... it's... it's c-complicated. I guess you can say." I managed to say, but I felt my palms begin to sweat. She smiled and waved bye to me. While going out, I shook my head, and just sighed at what I just said in front of her. Of course I didn't have a boyfriend! And if I was going to have one, it wouldn't even be him!

Seraphine, you need to really snap out of it and wake up from your dreams.

---

Once we got back to our apartment, I was almost up all night putting my binder together, scanning my schedule, and organizing my uniform. It was already that time! I glanced at the clock and noticed it was almost midnight. A text came on my phone again.

Jessica: "Denice? You still awake?"

I texted with tired eyes: "Yeah... make it quick, I need to sleep."

Jessica: "Woah, didn't expect you to answer me. Isn't it like 12am there?" she asked. I yawned and turned off my light, got in bed and just began texting there.

"Yeah, but I had to fix up stuff for tomorrow."

Jessica: "Oh, well... goodnight then! And tell me if you meet him! Hehe." I gasped and realized I could possibly meet him soon just by possibly bumping into him. I was so caught up in high school senior preparations, that I almost forgot about Jungkook. I clicked my phone off, set my alarm, and fell asleep without any troubles.

NOTE: ENJOYING THE STORY? Leave some nice comments!