Chapter 14 - Split Away

I sat there at my desk, trying to clear my thoughts. I really did not know what to think anymore. Like, should I like... go to that "date"?

"Sera! Jungkook passed by here. He left this." I gasped.

Jungkook!? Wha... was it during when I was sleeping?

"I'll be right there." I walked out of my room, smelling the tasting scent of the steaming shin ramyun. I didn't even have an appetite.

I looked at the counter and saw a white box, tied with a pink ribbon. Attached to it was a nametag. When my mom wasn't looking, I quickly snatched it and ran in my room. My sister was apparently at practice for whatever it was, I don't know.

I carefully untied the ribbon but noticed the tag falling on the wooden ground. Picking it up gently, I noticed how the pen smudged... did he write this recently? I sort of didn't want to read it.

"To Rina... from 'you know who'"

Great. I felt the tears arriving.

I continued to untie the ribbon and took off the lid of the box, tears began to flow.

It was a red rose, full of life. It had a red ribbon neatly tied on it. I then found a letter on the side of it.

"Rina: I think you already know what I'm going to say but... sigh... here it goes.

I'm truly sorry about our manager, about us being forced to break up. You know I love you so much, you know that, nothing is going to rip us apart."

What about that damn Yeri girl then?

I then crumpled up the letter and threw it in the trash. 

What did I just do!? I THREW JUNGKOOK'S HANDWRITTEN LETTER.

I ran to my trashcan until a phone call came on my phone. I quickly grabbed my phone and picked it up.

Me: "WHAT!?"

Tae: "Get ready, I'll be there early."

I immediately hung up, I was in between lines at this point. I had to make a choice.

Jungkook or Taehyung?

If Jungkook, I would have to go through the manager again and possibly Yeri. 

If Taehyung, he'd probably treat me privately and if he was the one who told the manager, he wouldn't tell him about this.

God, what in the f*** is happening now.

Screw it...

I rummaged through my closet and grabbed any visible clothing I think would work for this..."date". I picked black leggings, my combat boots, my Stussy hoodie which was white, and my black bow that was on top of my dresser. I then quickly brushed my hair, put on makeup and then-

Wait, why was I doing all this?

It was too late... it was about 7:00. I was going to be late. I didn't know what else to put on, so I grabbed my glasses which I rarely used on these kinds of occasions.

I grabbed my bag and left a sticky note on our counter saying "Be back... I promise." and I meant it. For the past few days, she's been worried sick because I was hanging out with them and not coming home. 

Before I left though, I placed the rose in a jar in my room just to keep it from withering.

During the walk there, I had a feeling this was a bad idea. I still had feelings for Jungkook... but why didn't I care about him that much anymore? Was it that video of him and... her kissing? I didn't know if it was true or not. Ugh! What the hell am I even thinking at this point!?