Chapter 2 - Being Awkward

I immediately got up, took a shower, fixed my hair and got in my uniform.

"Dang it, Seraphine. Dang it!" I was literally running in the apartment grabbing my stuff. My phone alarm didn't go off, so I was going to be late. My mom and sister were somewhat confused, but just sighed at me.

"Okay, bye mom, bye Romie!" I then got out of my apartment, and into the streets of Seoul.

I was alone now. No mom, no sister... just me.

Thankfully, it was a short walk to the high school. Everyone I saw around me had the same uniform. How was I expecting to find Jungkook in this crowd? I then realized that I arrived at school during the middle of the year, that so many students were walking around with friends. I scratched my head and looked at my watch.

"Okay, I have about 15 minutes until my first class which is... ugh, Advanced Algebra!?" I groaned and sat at a nearby bench, and just chatted with my friends on my phone, until I saw someone approach.

"Hi!" I glanced up from my phone and saw a girl smiling. I almost forgot I had to speak Korean now, so I transitioned from English to Korean in a snap.

"Hi..." I said, very shyly. She smiled and grabbed my hand.

"I'm Nari Seong. What's your name?" she asked. She had brunette hair, brown eyes, and really beautiful flawless skin. I couldn't believe it at first.

"Oh, Seraphine... Sung. You can call me Sera though." I also almost forgot my last name changed too, that even applied to my sister and mom.

"Nice, you must be the new Senior? We're so glad you're here. Say, who's your favorite singer and group?" she asked. What kind of question was that to ask a new student? It was really random to ask.

"Erm... Jungkook... Jeon Jungkook, from BTS." I mumbled. She gasped and grabbed my binder. I almost wanted to grab it, but she was already staring at my schedule.

"You're lucky, you have the first class with him. He's really popular here, it's surprising he has no girlfriend. You can get him if you tried." The first bell rang and she began to back up.

"I gotta go, but it was nice meeting you. Oh!" She quickly gave me a paper with numbers on it.

"My phone number, call me. It's a short day so we can know each other more! Bye!"

That was probably the most strangest and weirdest way I have ever met a new friend. I shrugged and smiled, the same class with him!?

I ran through the halls and arrived at Advanced Algebra. I entered, and a bunch of eyes began to look at me. The second bell rang and everyone sat.

"Nice timing, Miss Seraphine. Please have a seat." I bit my lip, trying to pass through to sit. I chose to sit at the back, considering I didn't even know anyone. Nari wasn't there, and not even Jungkook, was he perhaps... late?

"Okay, we have a new student today. Miss Seraphine, please come here." I stood up, and walked slowly towards the front, still biting my lip from nervousness. I took a deep breath and began to speak.

"I'm Seraphine Sung, from the US, but you can all call me Sera for short." I saw many people gasp from what I said... did I say something wrong? They all began to smile though.

"Okay, take a seat." The teacher said, nicely. I bowed and did just that. I looked around the room, and the door. Could he possibly be in this class?

"From what you can notice, Jeon Jungkook won't be here today due to events that are happening in BTS. He will be here after those are done and when he has the time to come. We all understand he is a hard working young man and we wish for the best." The teacher than began to teach. I couldn't really focus at his babbling. All I was thinking was Jungkook... I thought they were on a break!