Chapter 8 - Kitchen Talks

Jungkook and I headed into the kitchen. He handed me a bag of fruit, meat, vegetables and turned around from the fridge.

"So, what's on the menu tonight?" I asked him, very casually. He thought for a second, but began talking after five seconds have passed.

"Korean BBQ!" He said, while smiling with his cute bunny teeth. Ugh, at that moment my heart fluttered. I almost forgot he really loved meat (I remember one time when he was on Weekly Idol, he looked sad when Jimin won the meat and not him).

"Seriously? Are we going to be able to make BBQ before the other boys arrive?" I asked, while smiling and batting my eyelashes. He rubbed the back of his neck and grabbed the meat from my hands.

"Then you cook half, and I cook half, deal?" He then stuck out his hand and I rolled my eyes smiling once again, after shaking his hand to seal the deal. 

It's only been a few days, and I felt so comfortable with him. I mean... we were a thing now. Hehe.

---

About 30 minutes have passed, and I noticed none of the older boys arrived yet, which was sort of pretty good. I peeked in the dining room, and saw Jimin and Taehyung just sitting there goofing off. After, I turned back looking at Jungkook cooking the meat. He wasn't fooling around or anything, which was kind of rare. He was even serious in cooking. What a surprise.

I scratch my head and looked at all the meat being cooked, which was sizzling on the stove. All what was heard throughout the house was the noise of the meat on the grill and the two younger ones laughing in the other room. I honestly do not know how they have an indoor grill, what even.

"Hey, Seraphine, mind handing me that sauce over there?" He pointed behind him and I quickly looked at his direction. I let out an okay, and grabbed the sauce, but suddenly I tripped on a hand towel that was on the ground.

"AH!" I screeched, dropping the bottle of sauce on the ground, causing the sauce to spill everywhere. I thought I was going to hit my head but then...

He caught me, and we were so close, eyes and lips aligned. We were hugging at this point. I felt both of our heartbeats, was I blushing at this point!?

"Are you... okay?" He asked, with a bit of hesitation in his voice. I couldn't answer for about 15 seconds, until I shook my head trying to regain my thoughts. I was surprised the other two didn't hear us and the bottle hitting the ground.

"Y-Yeah... I'm sorry..." I said, staring at the spill of the sauce I made that was beginning to run everywhere. We both stare at it for about the same length of time which caused me to space out a bit. I sigh, grabbing the nearest tissue, and I go down to start cleaning it.

"Here, let me clean it." I said, annoyed at myself.

Once I bent down, we both go down at the same time.

"No, let me-"

We touch hands, his on top of mine. His hand felt so warm, which caused my eyes to get wider.

"I'm sorry..." We both said at the same time, while also getting up at the same moment as well. Oh my Jesus Christ, what was even happening!?

"Agh! The meat! It's burning!" Jungkook turned around, grabbed the leftover sauce that didn't spill out, and poured it on top of the simmering BBQ. The smell was so good, that I felt my mouth beginning to water.

"Hey, is the food done?" Taehyung asked with a bit of an annoyed tone in his voice. We quickly put the BBQ on top of serving plates and grabbed bottles of water.

"Great! I think we have some time to spare, so now we just have to wait for-"

Then the front door flung open.