Cafeteria [Iwaizumi Hajime]

Eating lunch at the cafeteria was normal for you. Unlike other cliched students, you'd rather eat at the cafeteria rather than the mainstream-rooftop.

Today, you sat in your usual seat with a few of your friends. Class let out late so most of the students from your class and year have finished eating, including your friends.

"Sorry (Name)-chan, I have to finish my project today! I'll catch up with you later!" One of your friends apologised, bowing to you.

"It's alright! Just hurry and finish it." you smile genuinely although you felt a little lonely now that you're gonna have to eat alone now.

Waving, you watch your friend as he/she exited the large cafeteria. You let out a soft sigh as you continued eating your lunch. 'I feel so alone' You whined to yourself.

Slowly, the cafeteria became crowded and more loud as more students from other years began to enter, hurrying to find a vacant seat.

You already ate half of your lunch when a voice interrupts you from taking another bite.

"Excuse me. Mind if I sit here?"

Looking up from your food, your eyes catch a glimpse of a tray of food being held up by buffed arms.

Really buffed arms.

Looking up some more, you see Iwaizumi standing in front of you with the table as the barrier, his eyes affixed to yours as he waits for your response.

Noticing that you have been staring at him for a tad bit too long, you nodded furiously. "G-go ahead!" You managed to sputter out. You didn't even notice that your mouth was open the entire time you were checking him out. You wiped your drool.

He nodded as thanks before placing his tray on the table, taking a seat in front of you.

You continued eating your food. After a while you notice this guy staring at you for quite some time now. Suddenly, you started to feel self-conscious.

'I-Is there something on my face? Maybe it <is> my face. Oh no. He probably thinks it's too ugly. Uwaahh! I'm so embarrassed!!'

"Um..." he begins, eyes still fixated on your face.

"Y-yes?"

"Theres, uh."

"What is it?"

He takes out a piece of napkin from his tray and wipes your mouth.

At his actions, you begin to blush furiously. And you could've sworn you could have seen a tint of red in his face too.

"Ah. Sorry, you just had some rice on your face and-"

"N-not at all! Thank you, senpai!"

He smiles at you before he continues eating.

You then decide to ask him what has been in your mind for a while now.

"S-senpai?"

"Hm? What is it?" He asks, halting himself from drinking from his water.

"Why aren't you eating with your friends? They're right over there."

The ace's eyes widened at your frank question. Turning around, he saw that three of his teammates from Volleyball were indeed staring at you both in the next table. They quickly looked away from you when they saw Iwaizumi's piercing glare.

"Um...Senpai?"

"I'll be back." He mumbles as he stands up while cursing under his breath.

Iwaizumi quickly pulls the three of them out of the cafeteria and all you could hear was the sound of Oikawa's screech.

-extended ending-

"Waah! Iwa-chan! Hidoi!" Screams Oikawa as the ace hits him on the head.

"Shut up! Why were you guys spying on us?"

"Eeh, we weren't spying. We just happen to look in your general direction." Matsukawa replies.

"Y-yeah. And why were you sitting next to (L/N) by the way? There were plenty of space in our table too." Hanamaki accuses.

Finding no other excuse, Iwaizumi's face erupts into a blushing mess, his scowl still visible. Though with a red face, he looked very amusing.

"That's because Iwa-chan likes (F/N)-ITAII!"

Iwaizumi is such a softie <3

plus don't get me started on those arms

such a shame his arms aren's bara in the anime *cries like a whale