Chapter 12: Apology★

Sasuke left to pack his things and I was waiting in a tree. Sakura started to wait for Sasuke as he came down the pathway. They had a deep conversation with a love confession in it, before Sasuke knocked her out and left her on the bench.

"You sure you want this, Sasuke?" I asked and he glared at me.

"You did it," he answered and I looked at my tied hands, "Why would me leaving be any different?"

"You know someone loves you. Sakura for example, she just begged you to stay," I answered and he looked away, "Naruto, Ino, Kakashi, and the others. They all love you in different ways. I never knew that I had that, but you do and have the chance to stay."

"I have to kill Itachi, its my dream," he stated and I sighed. He looked at me with his death stare and I gulped as I opened my mouth.

"I have a brother, too. He was good friends with Itachi, in reality they were cousins, and he helped Orochimaru kill my family," I confessed as we jumped through the trees, "I'm a survivior of the Kuran and Uchiha massacare." We reached the meeting spot and started to go to Orochimaru's hideout in the Sound.

"We have to get rid of this traitor!" Jirobo shouted as he pounded me into the wall and left me half dead hung in a tree by my tied hands. I heard voices and they untied my hands. I was carried on someones back and it was warm.
••••••

I opened my eyes to see Shikamaru sitting by my hospital bed. He looked exhausted and had bruises and cuts all over him, "Hey, are you alright?" he asked and I nodded, "Second time in a month, what a drag."

I giggled a little and tried to sit up, "Who was the one that saved me?" I asked and he looked away, "It was you. Why?"

He looked at me with pitty, like everyone else did when I was little, "Nevermind...get out," I ordered and he got up, "Get out!" He left with more pitty for me and I hid under my blanket as I started to cry. That look, its the one I always saw when I left my room! I hate it! I thought he was different, but I was wrong!

I heard the door open, "Kyoko, why did you kick Shikamaru out?" Kakashi asked and I didn't answer, "You're crying..did he do something?" I nodded and he rubbed my back, "What?" he asked and I still didn't answer.

"He gave me that look everyone gave me," I answered and he stopped rubbing my back, "That look of pitty the village used to give me when my parents died. I hate it." He pulled the blanket over my head.

"He cared enough to carry you all the way here from the tree you were hanging from almost dead," he explained and my eyes widened, "He stayed in here until you woke up, but you kicked him out. He cares about you and you care about him, but you are too scared to admit it."

I turned to look at him and he gave me his 'get out of the bed before I flip it over with you in it' look, "What do I say then?" I asked and he facepalmed himself.

"How about you start with, 'I'm sorry'," he answered and I out of the bed, "Now!" He pushed me out the door and I landed on Shikamaru.

We both fell onto the floor and I was ontop of him, "I'm sorry," I apologized as I got up blushing. I helped him up and it was silent after that. I breathed in and then out, "Is that answer still up for grabs?" I asked and it took awhile before he nodded, "Well, my answer is yes, but no one will know until I'm ready."