Chapter 17: Decision★

I was meeting with Itachi to see if I could join the Akatsuki to see what their next moves are. We met in the woods somewhere and he smiled to see how much I've grown, "You've grown a lot since the last time I saw you," he pointed out and I smiled as we started to talk, "You want to inflitrate the Akatsuki?"

"Yep, but I want your opinion," I explained and he nodded in agreement, "Now get me a cloak and I have to say goodbye to Shikamaru." He nodded as I went back to the village and went to Shikamaru's house.

He came out and I kissed him when he came out the door, then I looked in his eyes, "Shikamaru, I don't belong here anymore, so I'm leaving," I whispered tearing up and his eyes widened, "Don't follow me either, I just need to go somewhere away from here." I teleported to the woods and Itachi gave me the cloak and I went to the hideout with him.
....

It was a week since I left, Itachi died and they wanted me to go with Tobi to do something. I got a kunai to my throat and I turned around to see Kakashi, "So this is where you decide to run to?" he asked and I nodded as I punched him down to the ground. Tobi looked over to me and I rolled my eyes as he started waving.

"Com'on! You don't have to hide, Kyoko!" he haulered and I went over, "Look at my new partner!"

Everyone was quiet and Shikamaru and Naruto were in shock, "Kyoko, what are you doing?" Naruto asked with an angry face, "Did they blackmail you or something?"

"If I tell you that they did, would you leave me alone?" I asked and he came at me with a rasengan, but I dodged it and his eyes widened as I kicked him down to the ground.

"No I wouldn't, I'm not letting another friend have darkness consume them!" he shouted and I looked him in the eyes as I came down and stood before him, "Kyoko."

"That darkness consumed me a long time ago, so stop trying to say it didn't," I explained and his eyes widened as I started talking to him through Kurama.

Conversation
....
Naruto, I'm undercover trying to inflitrate the Akatsuki.

What?!

I need you to play along, all these next moves are going to be faked, so pull it off!
....

I did an air palm in the form of a fist and pretended to punch him into a tree, then Sakura came at me and I started to dodge them with ease. I started to make her move the way I wanted her to and I made her go faster, then I pretended to kick her into Naruto. Kakashi came at me with a lightning blade and pierced me through the stomach, then it poofed away to show them a twig.

"She's been hiding this whole time, so find her," Kakashi ordered and they threw kunai into the trees, then Sakura found me behind a tree, "Good job Sakura, now everyone try to pin her down!"

They tried, but it was another substitution and Sakura and I started a full on battle. I went easy on her and she knew it, then she realized what was going on and Tobi told me that it was time to go. I dropped my headprotector on purpose, it wasn't scratched to show them I was still good.
....

I went back to the hideout with Tobi and Akira, Sasuke, Karin, Suigetsu, and Jugo were there. Akira ran over to me and hugged me, then Sasuke looked at me in confusion. Tobi sent us on a mission to capture the eight tails jinchuriki, so we headed out to the land of lightning. I saw how Sasuke and Akira were and smiled, then Akira looked at me with a sly smile.

"Do you have a boyfriend, Kyoko?" she asked and I shook my head as I teared up.

"I left him behind," I explained and her eyes widened, "He probably hates me now, that's fine, but it still hurts to know he won't forgive me."

"We're making a stop on the way," Sasuke informed and I looked at him, "We're getting Kyoya Kuran." I almost fainted and everyone looked at me, "Kurans can sense other Kuran's right?"

"Yeah, but I really don't think it would be-"

"Good, now tell me where he is," he ordered and I sighed as I closed my eyes and located his chakra.

"In the Hidden Sound village," I announced and Akira looked at me, "I'm telling you, it's not a good idea."

"How can you sense Kyoya's chakra from here?" Karin asked and I rolled my eyes as we headed to the Sound village, "Don't you have to know the chakra to locate them."

"I do, he's my brother," I explained and everyone went quiet, "So, why do we need him?"

"He's someone who knew Itachi's past," he replied and I sighed.