Chapter 31

The next day

I wake up and put on black ninja pants, a red shirt and red shoes and go downstairs. Kankuro gives me a vengeful look.

"Come sit with us Irika" Gaara said.

I don't want to sit with them, but for Gaara's sake I will.

Kankuro's POV

I don't like being mean to Irika but Temari wants me too. But why though.
I have to talk to her about it today. I guess now is as better time as ever.

"Hey umm Irika can I talk to you in private" I asked.

Irika's POV

He, wants to talk to me. Well the worst that could happen is that I could get beaten to a pulp, so I mean why not?

"Sure" I said.

"Irika, I know it's kinda late for this, and I know that you won't accept it, but I'm really really sorry for everything I've done to you. I know it may not seem like it but I hate doing that to you. I only did that because Temari said it would be a good idea. I never meant to cause you so much pain" he said.

He and I were in tears when he came up and hugged me.

"I accept your apology Kankuro" I said.

"Hey Irika you food is g--what is going on here" Gaara yelled.

"Kankuro came out to apologize and then we both started crying so he hugged me to try and make me feel better" I told him.

I see the worried look go off his face.

"That's good" he said.

"But Irika come here, I wanna ask you something" he said.

I go with Gaara and he takes me to his room.

"Irika, I've wanted to ask you this for a really long time, but I was wondering, if you'd be my girlfriend" he asked.

Be his girlfriend.
I'm kinda scared but he has seemed to actually care for me. And I think I actually love Gaara.

"Yes Gaara. Yes I will be your girlfriend" I said.

He picked me up and spun me and then brought me down and our lips connected.

This feeling again. It's, it's an amazing feeling. A feeling of...... love and happiness.

We both needed air so we parted.

"I've waited my whole life for this day" he said.

He gave me a really tight hug and I feel safe with him.

"Come on, let's go downstairs" he says.