Chapter One

"Uhm," I say as the dress attendant zips up the last little bit of the dress. 

"Ah, there we go! I told you the zipper was tough but once I showed it who's boss, it listened." I can't help but laugh at her statement. She starts to giggle as well. "Would you like to look in the mirror?" 

I nod my head at her. She crouches as she gathers the dress train in her arms. She waits for my move as I move my body around to look in the mirror. I gasp. She drops the dress. "What? What's wrong Your Highness?" 

I shake my head. "Nothing, it's perfect. Absolutely perfect." 

There's a knock on the door and I can't help but look over. The dress attendant moves toward the door, silently asking with her eyes before she opens the door. It's none other than my mom. 

"Hey," I say. 

"Hello....how's it going in here? It was taking you a while." She says, and closes the door behind her. I look down at the dress I just put on. 

My mom notices the dress, and gasps "It's perfect!!!" 

I chuckle. "You think so?" 

"Yes, unless you don't like it!" 

I just laugh. "Your right, I don't like it. I love it!" I say. 

She breaks out into a smile again. 

I feel my eyes start to water up, but my mom quickly wipes them away. "Should we go show the others?" 

"Sure," I say. We are back in the city at Henry Mack's base location  but this time we are here for me. He of course was ecstatic when I called him up 5 weeks ago, asking for him to design some wedding dresses. I think my ears are still ringing from all his screaming. I can't help put chuckle at the thought. 

My mom helps me down from the platform and we head back towards our group. Royal Security required this to be a private event today, no other clients in the store. I certainly didn't mind. The Kingdom is electric right now. First with Alice getting married to Uncle Mark, and now with my engagement to Axel. It's a lot of stress off of Axel's shoulders, knowing his people are happy, and I am happy I can provide that for him. One less thing he has to handle during this difficult times. 

I've inviting a small group of women with me today. All personal relationships, though my new royal adviser certainly tried hard to get an invite. 

The women are quietly chatting amongst themselves as I approach them. It's important to me that they are all supportive of not only this marriage but this dress. Henry Mack is first out of his chair. 

"Ahh, Darling! You look stunning." He takes my hand from my mom and she goes to join the rest. Henry leads me to the platform and the mirrors directly in front of the women. 

"Oh my-" Anne, Axel's Grandmother, says. Her hand covers her hung open mouth. This gesture catches Winter's attention for she was the one talking to Anne. Winter's eyes move towards my direction. 

"Carter!" Winter remarks. Her face lit bright with enjoy. The rest of the ladies, Alice, Jasmine, and my new niece Claire. 

They are silent, waiting for my move. "Well?" I ask but I'm afraid that I've rendered them speechless. "That good huh?" I say and we all chuckle together. 

"Axel will love it." Alice says. 

"So is this the one?" My mom ask. I just nod my head, so many emotions running through me. 

It isn't a complete day in the city without a girls luncheon. After we are finished pinning the dress for alterations, we give our best wishes to Henry and head out. In the 2 hours we were inside, a small crowd gathered outside. We all wave and smile as we head to our cars, but it's a quick interaction. 

Anne knows this little local restaurant in the main city, first opened during her reign. She was here during the ribbon cutting. It's been a staple for her and Grandpa Joel for years. RUE 382

"So how long till the wedding now?" Jasmine asks after the waitress takes our drink order. 

"3 months," I tell her, I'm certain my eyes flashed panic and excitement all at the same time. 

"I'm so excited!" Winter says. I just chuckle at her. 

"When's the bridal shower?" Axel's grandma asks my mom. 

"In two weeks."  They continue to talk about random wedding things, but my mind wonders to Axel. These past few months have been amazing. He's amazing! 

I feel my phone buzz from my pocket, and I reach for it. Speak of the devil. 

I stand up and excuse myself from the table, and walk outside. 

"Hey, babe." I say as I answer the phone. 

"Hey, Beautiful. How are you?" 

"I'm good, I miss you!" 

"I miss you too. Did you get a dress?" 

"Yes," 

"I'm sure you look amazing in it." He says, I can just imagine him smiling. 

I chuckle. "I hope you like." 

"I like everything you wear, and if i don't like it, I'll just take it off." Axel says. 

I feel heat raise to my cheeks. 

"Axel, when are you coming home?" 

"Soon, just a little while longer." He says. Axel has been away, on business for a few days now. It is torture.  

"Okay," I say. I look back at my family. "Babe, I'm at lunch. I better get back." 

"Alright. Call me tonight before bed." 

"Okay," I say and we hang up, but not saying that we love each other. I walk back to the table, and slide into my seat next to Winter. 

She raises an eyebrow at me. 

"Axel." I mouth, and she smirks. I roll my eyes. "What did I miss?" 

"Nothing much, just your parents fighting over baby names." 

I laugh. 

Soon after lunch, we head back home. I go to my house and everyone else goes to their houses. When I unlock the door, I hear little paws, and a ringing coming towards me. I look up, carrying my dress in and see my puppy round the corner. 

Axel and I agreed to name our puppy Sebastian 5 Miles Williams. 

"Sebastian!" I say. "Hey buddy. How are you?" I ask. 

He nudges my leg. I set my dress down on the couch and pick him up. I kiss the top of his head, and carry him into the kitchen. I refill his water bowl. I start cleaning up my mess from this morning, and the next thing I know, Seb has ran off again. 

"Seb?" I call. I don't hear a thing. I hear a whimper. I follow the sounds upstairs, and hide him laying on Axel's and I's bed. He pulled one of Axel's shirts out of the closet, and was laying on it. 

I pull out my phone, and start recording it. "I know buddy, I miss him too." I say and rub Seb's back. 

I finish the video and send it to Axel, and he replies with a crying emoji. 

"Daddy loves you." I say and kiss Seb's head before falling asleep next to him.