The Wedding Shower

"A good friend just told me that the key to a successful marriage is to argue naked." -Unknown

--------

"Surprise! It's the day of your wedding shower!" Someone shouts in my ear as I try to sleep. I groan.

"Stop."

"You have to get up! You have a party to get too! Your guess are arriving soon!"

"I don't care! I want to sleep. Tell everyone to go home!" I say and bury myself deep in the blankets.

There's a chuckle, then all of a sudden the blankets are ripped off of me. My eyes open quickly. I glare at my mom.

"Oh, don't give me that look!" She says with a smile.

I get up and head to the bathroom. My mom follows me. "We have so much to do before the party! Hurry!"

"Isn't it your job to plan and set up the party?"

"Yes, but I thought you wanted to be part of it."

"I do, but I also want to be surprised." She nods her head. "What time is the party?"

"In about 4 hours."

"Alright, I am going to spend some time with Axel before the party. We haven't seen each other in a while."

"If that's what you want dear..."

"Yes, that's what I want."

My mom has this unreadable expression on her face. "Oo...ok. I guess I'll see you later then."

I just smile and she leaves. I sigh and lay down in my bed.

"I'm getting married in 3 weeks."

-------
I find Axel in his office.

"Hey baby." I say as I come in.

He looks up and smiles. "Kitten. What can I do for you?"

"I missed you. And wanted to spend time with you."

His smile grows bigger. He waves me over and sets me on his lap.

"I've missed you a lot too." He kisses my neck. "Isn't your wedding shower today?"

"Our shower. And yes."

"What time?"

"2. And you better be there."

Axel groans. "Quit complaining. You only have to make an appearance for a little while then you can leave."

"Yes! You're the best babe."

I chuckle. "I know."

"I just have a few things to take care of and then I can come."

"So no hanging out?"

"Not today. I'm sorry baby. I wish but I have a few things I need to get done."

I pout. "Ok."

"Put that lip away. You know I can't resist when it's out." He says as he kisses my lip.

Things get pretty heated when the phone rings.

Axel groans once again. He picks up the phone. "What?!" He says in a husky voice.

He gets into a conversation that lasts about 5 minutes. I snuggle into his chest, and listen to his deep voice.

"Ok. I'll be there soon." He says and hangs up.

I look up at him with a silent question in my eyes.

"It's nothing. Don't worry. I'll be back later." He says standing us both up. He kisses my lips one last time before slipping out of the room.