Part Of The Family

"Can I hold him?" My mother asks me. I look up at her. I stiffly nod my head. She smiles, and holds out her arms. 

"Are you sure Carter?" Axel asks, looking at me. He can clearly tell my wolf is coming out. 

"Yes, but just for a few minutes. My wolf is already acting up." 

Mother nods her head, and takes my son in her arms. I force out a smile. 

"He's so perfect." My mom says softly. "Yes you are!" 

My dad look from behind my mom. "He's going to be a good leader. I can tell." 

Axel smiles, and holds out his hand to me. I take it, and squeeze hard. 

------

After a few more minutes, my wolf forces me too take Ace back. 

"I'm sorry mom." I tell her honestly. 

She smiles warmly at me. "It's fine dear. I was just like you with my newborns. It gets easier." She tells me in honestly. 

I smile back at her. "I hope so." 

My parents move on and mingle with the rest of the family as more people come up to see the new family member. 

Alice squeals in delight like a teenager. She has a young soul. Alice and Mark refrain from holding Ace. 

"I'm really sorry guys! I know that if I hand him over, my wolf will act up again. She's been under a lot of stress today." 

"Oh. I totally understand. I was in the same situation. When Axel was born I wouldn't let anyone near him for the first week! It was pulling teeth to make my wolf calm down." 

I smile gratefully at her for understanding.

"It's very hard for a Royal, I will tell you that." Alice says as she scares off into space. She snaps back into this world. This seems to be a common theme with the women today. 

-------

Later that night, I fed Ace as soon as we get home. It's good to finally be home. After being in the hospital and then in the castle. There's so much going on and i'm so stressed. 

"Baby." A deep voice says. 

I feel his presence beside the couch i'm on. "Do you want me to put him to bed? Then I'll run you a bath?" 

My eyes swing to meet his. "Please." My voice comes out weak. He frowns. 

He takes Ace from my arms and looks at me again. "Go up to our bedroom, I'll be there in a few minutes." Axel tells me. 

He walks away with a sleeping Ace in his arms. I smile. He's a good father and husband and mate and King...you get the point. I'm so madly in love with him. Gosh. I'm so lucky! I never thought that I was going to get a mate, nor did I want one in the beginning. But everything is different now. I'm so in love with Axel he's the perfect match for me and I honestly can stay that I don't want anyone else besides him. He's my mate, my husband, and the father of my child...

-------

Last chapter??? 

I have no idea. I feel like this story is done. Axel and Carter's story is over....but is Ace's? The world may never know. 

Make sure to check out my other stories and to follow me for updates about a spin of this story...I have no idea if I'm going to write one but maybe I will. It's going to be a while anyways. I have other stories to write. 

Anyways....Peace out people! Thanks for joining me on this epic ride and I hope you enjoyed it as much as I did.