Chapter 1

Chapter 1

Later that night, I yawned and reclined back on the white leather sectional in the living room. President McGallen and Margaret had bought a new house here in Los Angeles. Wait, scratch that. The word "house" is a major understatement. They bought a freaking beach side mansion! God, I love being the guard of this family...sometimes. Ariana sighed, flipping through Netflix and trying to find a good movie to watch. The concert was such a tiring job. So many people! There weren't even that many when President McGallen was on the campaign trail! So many screaming fans. So many crazed paparazzi and press. So much noise. I must have lost at least half my hearing today. Note to self: bring earplugs next time. Big ones. Or just have Simon make some really cool techie pair. Either way, I need to bring something next concert.

"Oh! What about this!" Ariana exclaimed, sitting up and pressing a button on the remote.

I glanced over at the screen to see the movie. Springbreakers. Really? I groaned, throwing a pillow at her. She deflected it with her hand.

"You know how much I hate that movie." I grumbled.

"Jeez, what crawled up your butt and died?" Ariana scoffed, flipping through the movies again.

"Your concert. So many deranged lunatics. I mean, come on, did you see that guy in the front row? With the neon green Mohawk? He threw his freaking boxers on stage!"

Ariana laughed, nodding. That guy had been...well, saying insane would be putting it mildly. More like...psychopathic? I was a minute away from asking him to leave when he started screaming at the top of his lungs, "Ariana! Fuck me! Please! Take a go! I want to father your children!" Fortunately, one of the security guards beat me to it. I was too tired to go ask him myself anyway.

"Yeah, I know. What was he screaming anyway? I couldn't hear him over everything going on but I saw him take out three iPhones and a beer bottle."

I laughed.

"He wanted you to fuck him and carry his children." I answered.

Ariana's eyes went wide as she burst out into fits of laughter. I laughed so hard my stomach hurt and tears welled up in my eyes. Had this been a year ago, we'd be just about ready to murder each other in our sleep. President McGallen decided to walk into the living room at that moment. He took one look at us and raised an eyebrow, his bright blue eyes filled with amusement.

"Oh, God, what're you girls up to now?" he asked as he strolled casually by, grabbing a Los Angeles Times newspaper from the glass topped coffee table.

"Stuff." I answered when I stopped laughing my ass off.

He gave me a mock glare and walked back into the dining room, which was connected to the completely chrome kitchen complete with marble floors and granite counter-tops. Ariana stopped laughing, shaking her head, and finally decided on a movie. I read the title before it started playing. Magic Mike. Are you effing kidding me? Well, at least Channing Tatum's hot. Just because I'm dating the most gorgeous guy on the planet, Joshua Maddox-McGallen (although he prefers to drop the Maddox) doesn't mean I don't enjoy eye-candy. What? I'm a girl who likes cute guys. Good thing Joshua went to be early. If he saw me watching this, I wouldn't hear the end of it. I love Joshua, I really do, but sometimes he doesn't know when to shut up.

When the movie finally ended (it's official, Joshua is hotter than Channing Tatum), I went upstairs to my room. During the last ten minutes of the movie, Ariana fell asleep on the couch. I finished watching it, but my eyelids dropped every five seconds. President McGallen and Margaret took over the TV when I sauntered upstairs, flipping through Netflix themselves for a movie after President McGallen carried Ariana upstairs to her room (don't ask me how he managed to carry a seventeen year old girl up the spiral staircase.) I opened the door to my room and flipped the light switch.