Chapter 14

Chapter 14

The second I stepped foot into the night club, the pulsing bass of the music vibrated the floor. The club was lit by multi-colored laser lights and strobes. Glitter littered the floors along with long forgotten beer bottles and other miscellaneous items that must have fallen out of pockets or purses. I clapped my hand over my mouth and nose when I caught a whiff of the air. The unattractive odors of sweat, alcohol, and too much perfume wafted around the unventilated club. I stood at the door, scanning the room frantically for Ariana. Where has she gone off to? It took everything I had not to freak out. Stay calm. This is nothing compared to Dubai. This is nothing compared to-

"Oh, I'm so sorry." an unfamiliar voice came from behind me as a wall of muscle hit me and almost knocked me completely over.

I stumbled a bit but managed to balance myself in the death traps strapped to my feet. Whirling around, I met the most beautiful emerald green eyes I've ever seen. Like mine but darker with no gold around the pupil. The handsome owner of the enchanting eyes straightened up, smiling a sexy lopsided grin that may just rival Joshua's. My heart skipped a beat, despite my brain screaming at me to remember Joshua.

"It's fine. It was an accident..."

I raked him over with my eyes as I bit my lip and tried to think of a name that would suit him. Tall, handsome, sandy blonde, green eyed...I guess...

"Let me guess. Your name is Sean." I said, wiggling my eyebrows.

The guy flashed another smile that made my heart jump and shook his head, chuckling. He wore dark wash jeans (WELL fitting jeans, might I add), a black cotton t-shirt, and Converse black and white sneakers. I scolded myself inwardly, but even part of my brain was too mesmerized by him to listen to it.

"No. Actually, it's Archer. My friends call me Archie."

He held out a calloused hand for me to shake. Willing my heart beat and pulse to slow, I firmly shook his hand. We locked gazes for a while, staring. I love Joshua's eyes, I really do, but Archer's are just...whoa. Suddenly, he cleared his throat and looked at the dance floor filled to the absolute brim with swaying, sweaty bodies clad in revealing clothes and animal prints or sequins.

"Um, would you like to dance?" He asked me, holding out his arm and winking a sexy wink.

My stomach did a back flip. I shouldn't really be dancing with a complete stranger right now. I mean, I have to find...

"Sure." I answered without thought as I let him drag me into the dance floor madness.

Archer grinned as we joined the crowd. He pulled me close. Close enough to make my heart race uncontrollably. We swayed to the rhythm of the music, our faces inches apart. After ten minutes, him and I were grinding. His lips brushed the back of my neck, sending chills through me. I leaned into him, high off of his lips on my skin. His hands lingered on my thighs, slipping under the hem of my dress. My breathing hitched in my throat. I've only ever got this feeling from...

Sharp realization hit me like a knife to the chest. I snapped out of my dreamy haze, realizing what I was doing in full for the first time. I turned around to face Archer, pushing him away. He raised a perfect eyebrow, confused.

"What's wrong, babe?" he asked, raising his voice above the music.

I tried to answer, but I stuttered and my voice decided to mute itself. What am I doing?! I'm dating Joshua! I love Joshua more than anything...yet, I still let a complete stranger feel me up and kiss my neck in a completely intimate way (not to mention the grinding.) Oh shit, what have I done? I let my guard down for a boy? A stranger? My God. If Joshua were to find out...

"I'm sorry, Archer, but I can't do this right now. It's just-"

He cut me off, nodding. His face was full of understanding. I worried my lower lip. What have I done? Archer pulled something out of his pocket and handed it to me, winking.

"It's okay. Call me."

Then he left, disappearing to find, no doubt, another girl. I held the piece of paper, frozen in place. Eventually, I forced myself to read the note. I gasped. Even in the horrible lighting of the club, I recognized the number instantly. It was the number from that mysterious call. Oh. Shit. This is bad.

(Hey guys! Sorry again if this sucks! I've been having writers block a lot recently. Gahhhhh! And, sorry for any grammatical errors. My laptop is being weird so I either have to type on my Kindle or iPod. Bye!)