Chapter 28

Chapter 28

Langley, Virginia

Garret Thompson ran down the corridors of the CIA, narrowly avoiding every person who crossed his path. The file he clutched in his hands was one of the most top secret files ever to be owned by the CIA. He had found it. After weeks of searching, painstakingly, he had found a record having any association with the mysterious ACE. Unfortunately, during his research, he found out something much worse. Not only is Rebecca Hilton still alive, but she was planning something that would kill the entire city of Los Angeles. Rebecca Hilton is the real owner of the ACE. And she also happens to be Joshua's mother. Ignoring the secretary, he burst into Jonathan's office unannounced. Jonathan, working on paperwork, looked up with a calm expression. Not a second later, the secretary dashed in.

"I'm so sorry, sir. He just-"

"It's all right, Blair. Go back to your desk." 

Jonathan cut her off. She nodded, taking one last glance at Garret before stepping out of the office and shutting the door firmly behind her. Jonathan capped his pen and fixed his attention on Garret, who slapped a thick manila file onto his desk. Jonathan glanced at the file and then up at Garret, wearing an unreadable expression. 

"What the hell is this, Garret?" he asked, flipping open the front cover.

"Sir, we need an extraction team sent to the McGallen home in Los Angeles right now. Upon further information, I found that there is someone out there who wants to kill them and is damn close to doing so."

Jonathan planted his reading glasses on the tip of his nose, reading the papers. He nodded as he read, remaining expressionless. Garret's fists clenched and unclenched anxiously. Not only was the First Family at risk, but also his daughter. He had to contact her. Tell her. Get her to get the McGallen's away from Los Angeles or, at least, away from their home. Jonathan put the file down, signing a form and handing it to Garret along with the file.

"Warn Ember. Send out an all call to the Secret Service. You have my permission to send an extraction team."

Garret nodded.

"Thank you, sir."

Jonathan nodded and went back to his paperwork as if Garret had just ceased to exist. Without another word to his boss, he left the office and pulled out his cell phone. 

Ember 

My phone started ringing in the backseat of my car. I groaned.

"Ariana, could you get that for me? I'm trying to drive."

Ariana nodded, unbuckling her seat-belt and reaching into the backseat to get my purse. When she sat back down, re-buckling herself, she handed it to me. I pressed the green TALK button when I saw Garret's name flash on the Caller ID. 

"Hey, Dad."

"Ember, where are you? Who are you with?"

His voice sounded so urgent. I was immediately struck with worry. Oh no. What's happened? Or, what is going to happen?

"Whoa, Dad, calm down. I'm with Ariana. We just left the movie theater, why?"

"The ACE is going to attack the McGallens. Tonight. I need you to get them out of there. Now. The attack is supposed to happen at approximately 10:45. Move, now."

My jaw dropped as I maneuvered through the streets with one hand on the wheel. Narrowly avoiding a passing car, I slipped into spy mode. Determination flooded through me. I can do this.

"Affirmative. Call you back when I can."

I clicked the red END button and threw my phone into the back. Shifting gears, I glanced at Ariana. She was watching me, eyebrows raised, question written on her face.

"Hold on to something."

Ariana nodded, grabbing the overhead handle. Sighing, I shifted the gear and pushed down on the gas pedal. My car accelerated with a loud roar from the powerful engine. Suddenly, we were flying through Los Angeles. Ariana screamed. I felt the adrenaline running through my veins.

(Ello Wattpadians! So, whatcha think?? Vote and comment! Getting interesting, hm??? By the way, it's 11:46 PM where I live so I'm tired but I had to finish this chapter. Pardon any grammar mistakes or spelling! It's late. And, another thing, 3.9K reads on Presidents, Spies, and Boys, Oh My! ?????? FREAKING OUT HERE! Thank you so much to all my lovely readers! I honestly never thought I would ever reach 3.9K. And it continues to keep climbing every night. I check every morning to find at least 100+ more reads. When I get home from school in the afternoon, I check it then too unless I have a lot of homework. Anyway, thank you all again! I love you guys! All of you are amazing! I wouldn't be here without my readers. So, thanks. I wish I could say more, but there isn't enough words to describe how much I love you guys. Keep reading and write on!)

-a very ecstatic (yet tired) Bella :D :D :D