Chapter 27

Chapter 27

The next few days were uneventful (thank God). Despite the Secret Service members in the house being raised, nothing happened. Maybe the ACE saw the extra security and backed off. I wouldn't be upset if they left completely. Good riddance, bitches. Unfortunately, reality isn't like that. The world of espionage is a constant game. You have to stay on top of everything or you sink. Simple as that.

So, as I walked through the movie theater with Ariana, I noticed every single little thing. The guy at the popcorn booth had (approximately) seven butter stains on his jeans. He also had a limp, probably from a torn ACL in the past. His right eye was slightly uneven with his right. Anyway, hyper aware here.

"OMG! I can't believe it! We're here!" Ariana exclaimed as she clutched a blue raspberry ICEE.

I nodded, taking a long sip of my cherry one. The first thing that hit me was the sugar. Bleh. I haven't eaten (or is it drank? With an ICEE...hm...) anything this sweet since I was ten. Licking my lips, I turned a corner and into the theater room labeled with a glowing green on the door. Inside, the enormous room was packed to the brim with people. Ariana tossed a lock of her black wig over her shoulder. Safety precaution. We sat down in two of the end seats at the back. It had the best view and was right next to a speaker. Perfect.

"Ember, do you think this movie will be as good as the first one?"

I shrugged.

"I don't know. I hope. The first one was badass."

Ariana laughed, nodding.

"True, true."

Suddenly, the theater lights dimmed and the show began with a trailer preview for a spy movie I smirked. Oh Hollywood spies. I've only seen one movie where it was actually pretty accurate to the real life of a spy. Trust me, the paperwork is worse than the actual missions. Nobody wants to do paperwork with a detonated bomb sitting right next to them. I should know, that happened to me once. I wasn't allowed on that mission alone though (or any other mission, for that matter and time.) I stopped thinking and started losing myself in the movie. At least I can be lazy in a movie theater.

(Hello my Wattpadians! Sorry I haven't been on recently! Soooooo much homework. Love my classes, hate the work load. The feeling is mutual. Anyway, this is sort of a filler chapter so it's really short and insignificant. Sorry for that. I promise a long chapter will be coming soon! Bye Bye for now!)