Chapter 4

Chapter 4

I stood on a private runway of LAX, watching the big black helicopter in front of me land on the designated landing pad. Placing my hands on my hips, I watched the chopper hit the ground and the blades slow. The door on the side of the helicopter opened and a man wearing jeans and a starched white Polo shirt stepped out, followed by another man in a flight suit. The pilot, I assumed. The chopper blades completely ceased their spinning and so did the strong wind they gave off. The man walked up to me, smiling and holding out his hand. I smiled and shook his hand back.

"Miss Rhinehart, I assume." he said.

I nodded, pulling my hand back.

"Yes. And your name is?"

"I'm Tyler. Tyler Masterson." he answered.

I smiled, nodding. Brushing a stray lock of my dark auburn hair behind my ear (it escaped the ponytail somehow), I watched Tyler produce a manila file. Stamped on the front of the file, in big red letters, were the words TOP SECRET. I glanced around to make sure nobody was looking. Spotting the security cameras set up around the private runway, I panicked. Then, I realized, they weren't watching us. We have a minute and thirty seconds to make the exchange. Turning back around, I took the file and shoved it under my shirt just as the cameras swiveled our way again. Success. Tyler nodded a goodbye as he climbed back into the helicopter with the pilot and co-pilot. I walked over to my car, parked right on the runway but some ways off, and got into the driver's seat. Wow, that was quick. Fastest passing of information I've ever done (if you don't count brush passes). I took the file out from under my shirt and tucked it under my laptop, which I had in the passenger's seat to hide the information I knew I'd be getting. The helicopter took off after I pulled out, the engine purring. I took off down the Los Angeles freeway as soon as I got the chance. Now all I have to do is get home and review the file. Easy.

(Sorry! I know it's a short chapter!)