Chapter 12

Chapter 12

Unknown

"Los Angeles? You called that damned girl from here in Los Angeles? I thought I made it quite clear telling you to go to Santa Babara!"

I crossed my arms over my chest, nodding and biting back a smart ass retort. He had asked me to go to Santa Barbara. I have royally screwed up. My boss tossed something onto the dusty table that stood between us. I raised an eyebrow, picking it up. It was yet another cell phone, except this time the cell phone was a burner model. The kind that you'd buy for temporary use at an international airport.

"Don't screw it up this time, Archer. I'm sure the CIA is already onto us by now." My boss said threateningly.

I nodded, shoving the burner cell into the front pocket of my jeans. It was either the chill of the dusty, sterile room or the fear of screwing up again but a shiver ran down my spine as my boss dismissed me with a wave of his hand. I can't mess up this time. In this business, it's do it right or get caught. I sure as hell hope it's not the second option.

(Hey guys! Sorry it took me so long to update and that this is such a short chapter! I also apologize for any spelling mistakes I didn't catch. I typed this on my new Kindle Fire to give it a whirl. I won't be able to update tomorrow because it's my birthday! Finally! Bye-bye for now!)