Chapter 3: Hospital Visit

I was found sitting outside the back room with a oxygen mask on and I watched as police officers went in and out of the back room, carrying a crushed, deceased child with them. Blood dripped from the crash carts as they were carried out of the restaurant under a cloth. The last one to come out was oddly familiar. It was Sam Lenghill. Whoever kidnapped these kids didn't just kidnap them. He murdered them too. I stood in front of Sam's body and noticed he was not bloody or crushed. His chest rose and fell with his steady breath.
"Mrs. Lenghill! It's your son! He's alive!" I called out across the restaurant. She rushed over and clasped the boy's hands.
"Sam, Sam honey, I need you to wake up. It's mommy. Sam? S-Sam... " she trailed off in tears. I decided I'd meet her later for a little hospital visit.

~A few hours later~

I arrived at the hospital a few hours after the children were discovered. I was outside Sam's room, accompanied by Edward and Mr. Lenghill.
"Mr. Angel, I can't thank you enough for finding our son. The doctor said he's in a coma and it'll be about seven or eight days until he wakes up. They said he'll be fine." he reached out his hand to shake mine. I shook it. I didn't feel like I deserved this however. It felt...wrong. I was intent on finding the culprit.
"Sir, I will find the man that did this to your son. I promise y-" Edward snatched me up and drug me down the hall and whispered hastily into my ear,
"Scott, for God's sake, you're a guide to night guards at a pizza restaurant not a fucking cop. Stop trying to play hero and come back to the reality. So you found the kid, so what. Maybe William was right. You are really sensible"
I couldn't believe what I had just heard. My own boss.
"Well if we don't do something, Freddy Fazbear's is going to go out of business, Edward. What will you do then?" I glared at him for a moment and then returned to Mr. Lenghill, who at that time, was joined by his wife.
"I will find the criminal." I then walked out of the hospital and towards my apartment to do some research...