Chapter 23: Thieves

I decided to drive Edward and myself to the New Hampshire Police Station and we noticed an officer had just locked the front door. I knocked lightly and he turned around, walking back.
"Yes? What do you need?" he asked impatiently
Who "closes up shop" at a police station. Isn't it 24/7??
I stared at him awkwardly as Edward stood behind me with his hands in his pockets.
"We need to get in the evidence locker. Like, as soon as possible." I stared at the cop and he just stared back. I was a bit confused.
"Sorry sir, we're all going to the captains place. His wife was promoted at her work and we're cooking out. Sorry." he walked off and shut the second set of doors, locking them and leaving. I stood out in the cold with Edward.
"Well... shit" I swore under my breath. This was getting difficult and we couldn't wait till the morning. We had to get the suit.
"Why don't we go to this party, snag the keys to the building, and get the suit. Easy as pie." Edward said excitedly. It could work. But we didn't have the time. What i did next wasn't meant to happen. It just did. I took my hoodie off, wrapped my fist in it, and smashed the glass. Edward took a step back. Nothing happened at first.
"Well... that could work too." as he finished that sentence, the alarms went off, blaring throughout the building and out into the street.
"Well, now you've done it!" he said, running into the building and smashing the other door open. We rushed in and he ran to the evidence room while I looked for the key ring.
"Four-niner, we have a breach at the precinct. All available officers, respond." a voice on the radio blared, repeating the same message.
"Well! We're fucked!" Edward yelled from the back. I ignored him. The sound of the alarm blared intensely. Outside i heard sirens coming fast.
"They're coming!" I yelled over the sirens and the alarm.
"I know!" Edward screamed back. I was scrambling behind the desk and I snagged the key ring.
"I got it!" I ran to Edward and shoved the keys in at random, trying to find the right key. I twisted several keys and finally found it. I swung open. the door and ran inside. Immediately, I noticed several nostalgic items. I saw William's clothes from his house, his phone, his car keys, a knife, and several other items. And the thing we were there for was slouched in the corner. It was the extra Golden Freddy suit. I reached for it and realized.
"Edward!? How are we supposed to get this out!?" I asked. He turned, looked at me, and then looked out the back.
"There were still some squad cars. Give me the keys and I'll find a car to use!" I handed him the keys and he rushed out of the evidence room. I picked up the light weight suit, barely breaking a sweat. At this point, the alarm had gone off and the sirens grew louder. I stepped out in the back parking lot and saw Edward in the farthest squad car trying to turn it on. I opened the trunk and tossed the suit in it and shut the trunk door. The suit barely fit. A moment later, the car roared to life and I rushed in the front seat.
"We have got to go. Like, now!" Edward immediately hit the reverse and sped out of the parking lot. We had several squad cars following us swiftly. The chances of us making it out unscathed were very slim. The sirens grew louder and my heart started to beat harder. I hoped we made it...