Chapter 10

"There's a hundred LPs at stake here and I won't let a little hard work come between me and that prize!" Sharon stumbles over props for the talent show.

It's the first day of October, and it's finally time for auditions. I'm not too worried about it, though, we're gonna nail it anyways.

"We're calendar girls. You have to get into your season... become your season. Rhonda, you're 'Fall.' Give me maturity... give me aging."

"Give me a break," Rhonda says and I giggle.

"Lunchtime," Steph mumbles.

"Next!" McGee calls and the Andrews twins walk off the stage. Why the heck do they always have to match?

We gather around the piano that Michael is sitting at.

"Hey, what's up, Michael?" I ask him, smiling.

"Okay, okay! We're almost ready!" Sharon tells McGee, Mason, and Blanche then turns around to talk to us, "Okay, listen, I want everybody to sing their 'Ah-ah-ah's.'"

"Nothing much," He says, staring at Stephanie. Oooh, someone's got a crush!

"Would you take your music?" Sharon shoves a paper into Francine's hands, "Here."

"Let me out of this zoo, I'm going to for a smoke," Dolores pushes past everyone.

"Do I have to do everything myself? Are you ready?" Sharon asks Michael and he nods.

We start to sing and Michael gets this adorable smile on his face. If only he was my type.

"Hello?" He calls out to Steph.

"Hi."

"I wanted to ask you if you're free after school today," He grins. Aw, Michael. He's so hopeful.

"Yeah, I'm free everyday. It's in the Constitution."

Rhonda and I laugh, but Sharon gives us a look and we shut up.

"Okay, we're ready now!" Sharon steps onstage, and Rhonda and I follow, because for some reason, "Fall" is going first.

"Sharon Cooper and the Seasons?"

"If you fall in the Fall, you'll see, September can be heavenly," We sing and Sharon hits Davey with her arm/stick/twig thing.

"Ow!"

"Eugene, ready with the leaves when I yell!" Sharon shouts at Eugene Felsnic, who is hanging from a chair that was harnessed to the rafters.

"If you'll fall, say you'll fall for me,"

"Ready!" Eugene yells back.

"When autumns leaves are falling from the tree!"

"Sharon, I'm sick of being a tree!" Rhonda shouts as we skip offstage.

"I'll be yours in-"

"That's enough for today, thank you," McGee says and the music stops.

"Oh, no, wait a minute! We still have three more seasons yet!" Sharon looks worried.

"I'm sorry Sharon, I'm going to need to stage for my drama class," Mason apologizes. I don't know why anyone would want to be in drama class. You have to stay after school till like six.

"Oh!" Sharon throws her papers in the air and runs off. So dramatic.

"Hey! Sharon! So, what about tonight?" Louis runs after her.

"Paulette, you're late," I tell Paulette as she walks in.

"I was busy," She shrugs her shoulders.