Chapter 17

Michael pulls into the school parking lot and we burst through the front doors, sneaking past the front office and to the Biology classroom.

He stops suddenly and I almost slam into him, but he points and I see Miss Mason, clicking her heels with every step.

"Perfect," I whisper. We can sneak in behind her.

She stops in front of the door.

Oh God, did she hear me?

She fluffs her hair and takes a deep breath before swinging the door open.

Thank God she didn't turn around.

"Go!" I shout, and I run past him to catch the door.

"Morning, everybody," Mason says.

I tiptoe into the classroom and Louis grins at me, "Morning," But his smile fades as he looks behind me. What is he looking at? Oh.

Michael.

I quickly run to my seat while Mason and Stuart aren't looking, sliding into my chair beside Rhonda, throwing my Biology book onto the table.

"Morning, Mr. Stuart."

"Another date with Michael?" Rhonda exclaims.

"No, I-"

"You went on a date with English?!" Louis shouts at me.

"No! We just went out to eat and talk-"

"That's a date!" Rhonda playfully smacks my shoulder, "Did you guys make out?" She gasps, "Did you guys skip lunch to have a quickie in the back seat of his car?! Was he good-"

"Shut up, Rhonda!" Louis gives her a look that I can't read.

"Oooh," She makes a face at him.

After school, we all meet up at the Bowl-A-Rama.

"So, I heard about you and Michael," Johnny casually leans against one of the tables.

I pause to look at Paulette, who smiles at me sheepishly.

"And... just what did you hear, Johnny?" I ask cautiously.

"That youse two got it on in the back of the car," He winks at me.

Jesus.

"No! That's not what happened!"

"Get real, Chloe, you can see it in your face. You got laid," Paulette says, bending over the table beside Johnny.

"No, I didn't-"

"Did you give him a blowjob?" Goose says, wiggling his eyebrows, "Because that's what Rhonda-"

"Goose!" Rhonda shouts.

"I bet she did," Davey grins at me.

"Wait, Louis, did you score a strike?" Sharon looks up from her pad of paper with all of our scores on it.

"Chloe scored."

"Guys, I did NOT have sex with-"

"Who even cares?" Louis snaps at me, "Paulette, it's your turn to bowl."

Paulette picks up a pink ball, careful not to break one of her perfectly manicured nails.

"I care," Steph leans in, resting her face in her hands, "Oh my God, I bet you took his virginity."

"We didn't sleep tog-"

"Maybe he took hers," Paulette says, sauntering back from bowling a perfect strike.

"I am not a virgin!" I exclaim.

"Of course you're not..." Louis mumbles under his breath.

"Excuse me?" I ask him. He did not just say that.

"Nothing," He smiles at me then whispers to Davey, "Of course she wouldn't be if she sluts around like that."

"What the hell, dude?" Goose shoves his back from behind.

I don't know what to do.

Did he really just call me a slut?

I thought he was my friend... I can feel tears welling up in my eyes.

No. No, I am not going to cry. He's not worth it.

I tell myself this over and over, and I can feel everyone's eyes on me, wondering what I'm going to do next.

My vision starts to blur with tears and I break into a run towards the front doors.

I have to get out of here. There's no way I'm staying in there with him, and I'm sure as hell not gonna let him see me cry.

I leave the Bowl-A-Rama and I turn to look for Rhonda's car and I run into Michael.

"Hey, Chloe!" He grins but then his smile slides off his face, "Are you alright?"

I shake my head no, tears threatening to fall.

"Well, c'mon, let's go for a drive," He grabs my hand and pulls me towards his car.