Chapter 27

"You sure you don't wanna go back home?" I ask Chloe cautiously before hopping onto my bike.

"Yeah, I'm sure," She slides on behind me and wraps her arms around my sides.

"Alright, away we go," I start my cycle and I drive off to my house.

"So, let's... go inside?" I say when we arrive, turning off the engine. I stay on the bike until she gets off, then I jump off.

"Okay..." She says quietly, following me into my house.

"Hello?" I call out as I open the door, "Ma? You home?"

No answer. She's probably out with her friends.

"Well, no one's home," I say and lead her upstairs to my bedroom. I turn around to look at Chloe, but she's got this distant look on her face, "You okay?"

"What?" She snaps out of whatever thought she was thinking of, "Oh. Yeah. I'm fine."

"Liar, liar, pants on fire," I poke her in the shoulder and she laughs.

"It's nothing, okay? Just forget about it."

"Well, I can't forget about it if you keep looking at me with that look!"

"What look?"

"This one!" I say and I tilt my head sideways. I make my eyes big and droopy and I stare off into the distance.

"I do not look like that!" She exclaims.

"Do too!"

"Do not!"

"Do too! Something's bothering you."

"It's nothing!"

"It's definitely something," I prod her, "Come on, just tell me."

"Fine," She sighs, "It's Michael."

"Oh," I groan, "Michael."

"Yes, Michael," She mimics my tone, "He's been acting all weird and distant lately."

"Maybe you're fucking him too hard."

She throws a pillow at my face, "Hey!"

"You're a jerk."

"I was kidding," I throw my hands in the air.

"We've only done it once and anyways, that doesn't even matter! I think he still likes Steph..."

"I can beat him up for you!" I offer, "I've done it before!"

"Yeah, and you lost," She adds.

"Hey! I won that!" I say, grabbing the pillow she threw at me, ready to attack.

"No, I'm pretty sure he smashed your face with his fist."

"I'm pretty sure I can smash your pretty one with this pillow!" I jump up and start hitting her with it.

She screams, laughing, and reaches for another pillow. Next thing I know, there's a blue pillow crushing my face.

I swing back and she ducks, "Missed me, missed me, now you gotta kiss me!"

I don't hesitate to crash my lips onto hers.

She moves around for a minutes, mumbling some sort of protest before giving up and giving in to the kiss.

She wraps her arms around my shoulders and I take it as my cue to rest mine on her waist and to deepen the kiss.

I pull grab her hips firmly and pull her closer to me and she makes a quiet squeak, probably surprised.

I tentatively slide my tongue over her lips, unsure if she would continue, but she opens her mouth, and when our tongues touch I feel a shock go through my body, igniting me from head to toe. I never felt like this before. It was like I was shivering, but my insides were on fire.

Obviously she feels this too, as she moans into my mouth. I feel her petite hands snake into my hair and I rub my thumbs on the skin on her waist that was revealed when she pulled her arms up.

She furthers the kiss and I start to play with the hem of her top, and when she doesn't object, I slide it up. She pulls back and lifts her arms up as I pull off the pink sweater. I kiss her again. Her hands reach down and fumble with my belt buckle. She succeeds and unzips my pants.

We fall back onto the dark blue comforter on my bed and I think to myself, I am one lucky guy.