Chapter 20;

“Thanks a lot! Liam, there’s this thing called knocking!?” I yelled as Niall tried to pull himself off the ground. “Ow!” I yelped, grabbing my cast.

“Oh God! Lex! I’m sorry!” Niall chirped, kissing my forehead, looking at my lips, then regretfully running to the door.

“Damn you Li.” I mumbled, crossing my arms over my chest.

The nurse walked over to me, she checked some things, wrote some stuff down.

“He’s so protective.” She laughed quietly after I heard Niall say a rather loud No, to a muffled question from Liam.

“A tad.” I giggled.

“You know he only left once, right? He spent every moment he could beside you. In that chair.” She nodded to the chair on my left. I looked at it. It had his hoodie laid across the back, and a few stains that I’m sure he made. I smiled to myself.

“You’ve got yourself a great guy.” She smiled at me. “Better hold on to him love.”

“I know, and I plan to…” I sent her a warm smile.

“I need to check out your chest, and feel around to make sure your lung is getting stronger… And I need to do an ultrasound. That’s what they had to leave.

“Okay…” I managed to pull myself into a sitting position without any help. She helped me get the gown undone, and she rubbed this cold gel on my stomach and chest. She did a quick run over, took pictures with the machine, and told me if I felt any inflammation in my chest, or had a shortness of breath from now and until I get out, I need to tell the nurse on duty as soon as possible.

“It all looks pretty healthy. You should be out of here soon.” She smiled at me.

“Thanks, uhm… how do I get this gel off?” I asked, poking a glob on my stomach.

“I’ll get your brother to come help you.” She said, helping me into the bathroom.

“Oh, by the way, I was told to give this to you.” She handed me my graffitied backpack.

I opened it to find an outfit picked out by Katie. It was cute. And it was a change of clothes.

“Am I aloud to wear clothes like this now?” I asked the nurse.

“Yes love, but first let me disconnect you from the machines that are monitored by you getting stuck with needles and what not.”

I looked away as she pulled the two needles out of my right arm. She put a bandaid over to two little holes.

“You’re good to change now. I’ll go get your brother.” She smiled at me and helped me into the bathroom.

A moment later I heard Lou’s voice.

“In the bathroom. It’s unlocked.” I called, leaning against the counter.

“Lex, why are you out of bed?” He asked.

“Lou, I had gel ALL OVER me, and I actually have a change of clothes. I NEED to change.” I said as I clasped the clean bra behind me back. “I got the gel off my chest, and I need help getting it off the rest of me.” I slid the gel-covered gown onto the bathroom floor.

“Lex, why’d you just strip! What if one of the boys walk in!” He looked at me standing there in my bra and knickers.

“Lou, lock the door.” I said, walking into the shower area to change into the clean pair of knickers and the sweatpants Katie packed.

He sighed, locked the door, and helped me get all the gel off my body. He started to complain about how he was in the middle of talking to someone before the nurse came to get him, and she was a very nice girl. He was telling me about her, and he sounded genuinely disappointed in not getting her number, till I pointed out I could have gotten Niall to help clean me up.